Form 4 Wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
    i've been following the reddit/r/nfa sub closely the last couple of months. but, i've really only been paying attention to 2019s because i went pending 12/17/19.

in September there were 2 2019 approvals.
    in October, 3 and 2 of those were over 400 day waits and the guys called spoke to an examiner to get it through.

but, now that you mention January 2020, i haven't seen many Jan 20 approvals either.

it seems if you bought in Feb and later that approvals are flying through the system. 5 months or less.

Update to the situation... I have a email for a lady who works at the ATF who helped with my Form 1. Asked if any more was needed and what the estimated turn around rate would be, SHE TOLD ME IT WAS APPROVED IN JUNE!!!!!! Never received a phone call from the dealer, no email... nothing. Going to call tomorrow since he was closed today.. anyone get a ghost approval?? I’m hoping it didn’t get lost in the mail or get lost on his desk...

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRough1256 View Post
      Update to the situation... I have a email for a lady who works at the ATF who helped with my Form 1. Asked if any more was needed and what the estimated turn around rate would be, SHE TOLD ME IT WAS APPROVED IN JUNE!!!!!! Never received a phone call from the dealer, no email... nothing. Going to call tomorrow since he was closed today.. anyone get a ghost approval?? I’m hoping it didn’t get lost in the mail or get lost on his desk...
      Lost in the mail happens. A certified copy can be requested.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRough1256 View Post
        Hopefully you will let us know who the dealer is if it has been sitting there since June, so we know who NOT to use in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
          He's not being entirely forthright with you.
          As others have already stated, the check not being cashed until 9/28 on a 4/28 purchase is not on the gov't.

The dealer either didn't have the can in stock and had to wait until he got it to assign a S/N to the paperwork or just flat out didn't mail the docs. I purchased two right around the time you did and both of my checks were cashed within 2 weeks of being mailed out.
          I bought the can from someone else and had shipped to him. He had can in his hand. When I did paperwork. He said he couldnt get the can I wanted, tried to sell me another. I told I had one located. He said he would take the shipment and do the transfer and paperwork. Guess since he didnt sell it got in no hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
            I bought the can from someone else and had shipped to him. He had can in his hand. When I did paperwork. He said he couldnt get the can I wanted, tried to sell me another. I told I had one located. He said he would take the shipment and do the transfer and paperwork. Guess since he didnt sell it got in no hurry.
            I'm sorry to hear that, bud. If the check would've been submitted in an efficient matter you'd might be getting ready to get your can, but instead the clock has only been running for a month. That stinks.

Comment

Got the call this evening that my Harvester 300 is ready for pick up.
              Purchased 5/29
              Check Cashed 6/17

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                Four weeks! Don’t tell me that, lol. My dealer said it’s only happened one other time to them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like 4 weeks was about right. Stamp arrived to my dealer today.

Comment

Originally posted by Trophy7 View Post
                  Got the call this evening that my Harvester 300 is ready for pick up.
                  Purchased 5/29
                  Check Cashed 6/17

Mine was 6/6 purchase, 6/13 check, and called on 11/20. Seems they are consistent at least.

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                    Mine was 6/6 purchase, 6/13 check, and called on 11/20. Seems they are consistent at least.

Individual or trust?

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                      Individual or trust?

Trust

Comment

Well looks like I am in for a Christmas present then.. my check was cashed 7/13... about a month after you guys.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I wish I knew how y’all got yours back so fast. I’ve never had one approved in under 10 months. Ever. And I have quite a few lol

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            I wish I knew how y’all got yours back so fast. I’ve never had one approved in under 10 months. Ever. And I have quite a few lol
                            i'm currently at 11.5 months.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                              Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                              i'm currently at 11.5 months.
                              From what I can tell from this thread... it was all about submission date. If you submitted prior March 2020.. it was the normal 10 months to 14 months. Anyone submitting after March is seeing 6 to 7 months. No idea why.

Comment

Form 4 Wait

Originally posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post
                                From what I can tell from this thread... it was all about submission date. If you submitted prior March 2020.. it was the normal 10 months to 14 months. Anyone submitting after March is seeing 6 to 7 months. No idea why.

Covid baby, working from home now so y’all’s records are on a desk that they can’t go back too! Maybe they are rolling them out to show they are working as you can’t just be desk present. [emoji23] I have no idea but bought another one as people in March were stating 3 month turnarounds. I got 5 and my previous one was 12. No complaints here.

Comment

Working...
                                X