The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rossivey View Post
    The 4x is too much magnification for me but that was all that was available at the time. Might have to get the 2x.
    I've been using the original Wraith with 4x base magnification for over a year now. I've always felt that 4x was a bit too much for the type of hunting that I do, usually less that 100 yards and sometimes in heavy cover. More recently I purchased a Thermion XP50 (2x base mag) And feel like it's perfect. I just ordered the new Wraith with 2x. I'm sure it will be the better option for my use. I may have an original Wraith for sale soon, for you longer range hunters.

Comment

Originally posted by GregO View Post
      I've been using the original Wraith with 4x base magnification for over a year now. I've always felt that 4x was a bit too much for the type of hunting that I do, usually less that 100 yards and sometimes in heavy cover. More recently I purchased a Thermion XP50 (2x base mag) And feel like it's perfect. I just ordered the new Wraith with 2x. I'm sure it will be the better option for my use. I may have an original Wraith for sale soon, for you longer range hunters.
      Hey Greg, I didn't see your order come through until now! Thank you sir, I really appreciate it.

I think you're going to love the 2x, the FOV is awesome. As always, holler if you have any questions. Thanks again,

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by GregO View Post
        I just snagged a 2x as well and may also have a 4x for sale. Gonna be a lot of used 4x Wraiths for sale this year, especially if the 4k ever drops!!

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
          Hey Greg, I didn't see your order come through until now! Thank you sir, I really appreciate it.

I think you're going to love the 2x, the FOV is awesome. As always, holler if you have any questions. Thanks again,

Jason
          Jason, thank you so much. I ordered on Tuesday, and it arrived today at noon! I did not expect to get it so soon, as I used the "free" shipping option. It's going on a 300 BO suppressed pistol for this weekend. Hopefully I will have some video to post next week.

Comment

This was waiting for me when I got back into town today!

Click image for larger version

Name:	5518F32E-F8ED-484E-873B-28B1D00F2D81.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	24629937

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
              This was waiting for me when I got back into town today!

[ATTACH]1019674[/ATTACH]
              well how is it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                well how is it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                Initial impressions are pretty good. I just went cat stalking in the alley last night for testing purposes, so my methods aren't exactly scientific. Easily an upgrade from the XP50 I was using, and the Thermion controls are MUCH friendlier IMO. Hoping to get out and do some good things in the coming week, but we’ll see what I have time for.

I’d say the clarity is closer to the Trijicons I’ve ran than the XPs I’ve had, controls are well thought out, and I’m on the fence about the 3x base mag. I think 2-2.5 is my preferred mag, but I don’t think this will be bad.

Comment

Got two last night. First critters with night vision!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
                    https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...1&d=1600534711

Got two last night. First critters with night vision!
                    I can't get the link to work. Can you give a summary? What setup and all? Congrats on first of many to come

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

The link accidentally came up, that was my bad.
                      I was using a 6.5 Creedmoor on an AR platform with 18” barrel and 129 grain SST. The night vision was a Sightmark 6-12x model(not sure what model). I was also using a Bushnell monocular for scanning.
                      Both shots we 190ish yards out. I forget what they measured on tape. I would guess one was 80+or- and the other 125 +or-. If My buddy can remember I will post.

Comment

They measured 30.5 and 35 on tape.

Comment

Got a bunch the other night on grass farm with my halo LR, loaded them up on trailer and hauled them off.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Holy money. What area was that?

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
                              Holy money. What area was that?

Boling,TX in Wharton County

Cooler weather has got them on their feet as soon as it gets dark, during summer they don’t move till after midnight it’s so humid and hot

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                                Boling,TX in Wharton County

Cooler weather has got them on their feet as soon as it gets dark, during summer they don’t move till after midnight it’s so humid and hot

I hear ya if I wasn’t trying to get to the lease I’d be out there tonite popping a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X