No announcement yet.

The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys I wanted to drop this update here because this is huge news for the thermal industry. We were given an exclusive interview on The Late Night Vision Show podcast to break the news on Pulsar's latest and most exciting high end thermal rifle scope. This new scope is the Thermion XG50 3-24x42. The big news is, it utilizes the super high end BAE thermal sensor with 640x480 resolution and 12 microns. This is the exact same sensor that Trijicon and N-Vision use in their optics.

What makes this news so exciting is that Pulsar did something no one has ever been able to do before now.....they have included internal video/audio recording and a automatic and semi-automatic calibration while using the BAE sensor. Not only that, they've included all the usual Pulsar features such as picture in picture, Stream Vision app, color pallets, battery packs and more. And the icing on the cake is that the XG50 is retailing at $5,999.97, which $1,500-$2,000 less that the competing scopes. Yes I know that's still a lot of money and out of the range of many hunters, but these kinds of advances on the top end is what pushes the improved technology and pricing down on the lower end, so long term, it's great news for everyone.

We've got this scopes in stock and ready to ship NOW, which is another oddity for a new scope announcement. Normally there will be months of waiting for the scopes to go into production but Pulsar kept this a secret all year while they finalized and produced the scopes. They are currently available at only a small select handful of dealers and we're thankful to say that Outdoor Legacy is one of the 5 large online dealers given this early opportunity.

Description The Thermion 2 XG50 represents Pulsar’s premium flagship riflescope. Featuring a high resolution 1024x769 AMOLED display with 3-24x magnification, and capable of detecting objects over 2500 yards away with a laser rangefinder effective to over 874 yards, this thermal imaging riflescope produces industry lea

Check our the announcement and some first impressions here.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFo25puEDZg&t"]Pulsar Thermion XG50 **Breaking News Interview** - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ory4MbsU35Y"]Pulsar Thermion XG50 | 1st Hog Hunt **EXCLUSIVE** - YouTube[/ame]
    Last edited by Outdoor Legacy; 09-02-2020, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Been watching a couple boars tearing ups coastal patch on the way to school the last week, finally got a chance to hunt them Saturday. I will get after the other this weekend.
      [ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8qUONvYkNj0"]August 2020 Hog Hunt - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by coachwhip View Post
        Been watching a couple boars tearing ups coastal patch on the way to school the last week, finally got a chance to hunt them Saturday. I will get after the other this weekend.
        Lights out! That's the definition of "he never knew what hit him".

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
          Sorry guys, I've been missing in action.lol I went on a much needed vacation to the Rocky Mountains in NM for a couple weeks but I'm back in the saddle and full steam ahead now.

I've had the Wraith 4K Max (yes the Max is part of the name now) for over 6 weeks and it's a great optic. Hans and I plan to review it in about 2 more weeks after this week, on The Late Night Vision Show.

The first shipment is supposed to roll in this month (September) but it's going to be TINY. I don't expect most dealers to get more than a handful of scopes at most. Shipments will roll in every 30 days after that and honestly the shipments will be pretty darn small until November and December. We're looking at a perfect storm of high demand and low supply. And to be clear, when I say low supply, I mean it.

It's a really great scope with amazing image quality but it's not for the person who is scared of menus, options and tinkering. It takes a lot more setup than the HD but once you get it all set right, the pay off is large. Again, we'll be getting into all that on the podcast soon.

Jason
          Thanks for the update Jason. That is good news (minus the tiny shipments). I'm still holding out hope on getting one before deer season...

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
            Hey guys I wanted to drop this update here because this is huge news for the thermal industry. We were given an exclusive interview on The Late Night Vision Show podcast to break the news on Pulsar's latest and most exciting high end thermal rifle scope. This new scope is the Thermion XG50 3-24x42. The big news is, it utilizes the super high end BAE thermal sensor with 640x480 resolution and 12 microns. This is the exact same sensor that Trijicon and N-Vision use in their optics.

What makes this news so exciting is that Pulsar did something no one has ever been able to do before now.....they have included internal video/audio recording and a automatic and semi-automatic calibration while using the BAE sensor. Not only that, they've included all the usual Pulsar features such as picture in picture, Stream Vision app, color pallets, battery packs and more. And the icing on the cake is that the XG50 is retailing at $5,999.97, which $1,500-$2,000 less that the competing scopes. Yes I know that's still a lot of money and out of the range of many hunters, but these kinds of advances on the top end is what pushes the improved technology and pricing down on the lower end, so long term, it's great news for everyone.

We've got this scopes in stock and ready to ship NOW, which is another oddity for a new scope announcement. Normally there will be months of waiting for the scopes to go into production but Pulsar kept this a secret all year while they finalized and produced the scopes. They are currently available at only a small select handful of dealers and we're thankful to say that Outdoor Legacy is one of the 5 large online dealers given this early opportunity.

Description The Thermion 2 XG50 represents Pulsar’s premium flagship riflescope. Featuring a high resolution 1024x769 AMOLED display with 3-24x magnification, and capable of detecting objects over 2500 yards away with a laser rangefinder effective to over 874 yards, this thermal imaging riflescope produces industry lea

Check our the announcement and some first impressions here.....

Pulsar Thermion XG50 **Breaking News Interview** - YouTube

Pulsar Thermion XG50 | 1st Hog Hunt **EXCLUSIVE** - YouTube
            How does this new model compare to the Thermion XP50?

Comment

Just when you think your clean and sober here comes your dealer... [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Looks like an awesome optic Jason, it’s gonna be a game changer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                How does this new model compare to the Thermion XP50?
                Should be a good bit clearer image. I haven’t ran the XG, but I’ve got a bit of time behind Trijicons with the BAE and the XP50s. I’m definitely interested in seeing it’s performance as I may be selling a new XP50LRF soon.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                  Should be a good bit clearer image. I haven’t ran the XG, but I’ve got a bit of time behind Trijicons with the BAE and the XP50s. I’m definitely interested in seeing it’s performance as I may be selling a new XP50LRF soon.
                  Gotcha. That’s kinda what I would assume. Have hunted the XP50 a lot. Just wondering if the XG is that much better

Comment

Gotcha. That’s kinda what I would assume. Have hunted the XP50 a lot. Just wondering if the XG is that much better

If it’s anything like a N-vision it’ll be a game changer. After only hunting Pulsar then looking thru a nvision halo it was loads of difference. The buddy who owned it even said he liked the bells and whistles of pulsar but the image won him over on the halo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Like anything else at that level your pay substantially more for less dramatic increases in quality. Shooting you won’t tell much difference. When you’re scanning and studying animals to ID at distance is when I can notice the difference with the Trijicons.

Comment

Like anything else at that level your pay substantially more for less dramatic increases in quality. Shooting you won’t tell much difference. When you’re scanning and studying animals to ID at distance is when I can notice the difference with the Trijicons.
                        Can definitely understand that. Was just wondering if that $1k more is worth it. Guess I’ll wait till everyone wants to dump their XP50 for cheap and snag one

Comment

I've been using the XG for about 6 weeks and have put it right beside the Halo LR, Thermion XP50, Trail LRF 2 XP50 and many more optics, so I can offer my thoughts on how it compares.

In its current state, it does not match the image quality of the Halo LR or the Trijicon MK3's. In my estimation I'd say it's slightly better image quality than the new 40mk Thermion XP50 or Trail LRF 2 XP50. It has the higher base magnification that helps the image look better and you notice the better image of the BAE sensor when you scroll up through the digital zoom. For instance, I just walked back in from looking at hogs and cows in my pasture and at 200 yards, zoomed up the 24x I could absolutely ID the 2 hogs and see their tails swishing and could have easily shot them at that zoom if I'd wanted to.

I've had people ask why it's $1,000 more if it's not day and night better than the current updated XP and my answer to that is, Pulsar has a standard $500 increase in most of their rifle scopes when you take a step up in magnification. Then add in the BAE sensor, the best available to US civilians and I believe that easily makes it worth $500 more. I believe the XG50 has no where to go but up over the next 12-18 months as the Pulsar engineers begin to put their efforts behind improving the image quality now that they've completed the big tasks of video recording, auto calibration etc.

We also need to remember, that it's September 2nd. We've all been using this scope in the HOT and humid Texas summer conditions. When we get some cool, clear fall nights, I think this baby is going to shine!

Jason

Comment

Well daddy has a XG50 header his way now direct from Pulsar.

Comment

Y’all are a bunch of bad influences!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well daddy has a XG50 header his way now direct from Pulsar.
                                Heck yea

Comment

Working...
                                X