The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
    Oh yea. They are in stock in many places. In fact I bought 2. One at full price and the other for $300 off current price. The deals are out there. I think its ludacris to have to get in line and wait for paying something high dollar like that. If you do that you will have several more months to wait. Hope things are good. Are you close to lake b d'arc?
    I ordered one thru Outdoor Legacy.

Gonna be right on it. We live on the road they’re making the new highway.

Comment

Originally posted by rossivey View Post
      I ordered one thru Outdoor Legacy.

Gonna be right on it. We live on the road they’re making the new highway.
      Good deal. We will be water front on south side. I've noticed the new asphalt on it on north side. How close are they from completion of the road? I dont see any asphalt on it on the south side where it meets up with 82

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
        Good deal. We will be water front on south side. I've noticed the new asphalt on it on north side. How close are they from completion of the road? I dont see any asphalt on it on the south side where it meets up with 82
        Supposedly any day now. We got our new mailbox installed yesterday. I know we're beyond ready lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rossivey View Post
          Supposedly any day now. We got our new mailbox installed yesterday. I know we're beyond ready lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
          Wow, really? If I want to go north I have to go north on 1396 across b darc. I heard when the new road is open that road shuts down. That's going to be a longer trip for me if I want to go north but sounds like it's a good thing for you. Lettme know when its open if u don't mind please. Thanks!

Comment

Here is something a little different for you guys. Prairie rattler with my XQ50 Thermion. Pretty close, about 8'-10' or so. Sight offset gave me a perfect head shot, took his head clean off.

Comment

That is pretty neat, and different.

pray for rain

Comment

Got a pretty good video yesterday. Ended up killing 7 over the weekend.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWuKAGC6Eac"]Flir PTS 536 Hog Hunt 8 22 20 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

The Sightmark Wraith 4K is showing up in a few Youtube reviews. When do they hit the street for everyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
                    The Sightmark Wraith 4K is showing up in a few Youtube reviews. When do they hit the street for everyone else?
                    Interesting and gives me hope. I'm in line for 1 w/ Sightmark. I emailed them to see if they have any news. If/when they reply I'll post it here. Can you post a link to some of the reviews?

Comment

Just picked up a ASP-micro handheld for quick scanning. So far i like it. Doesn't go very far out with detail, but you can see for a few hundred yards that something is out there. Plus it's good for walking into your stand and scanning to see if you'll jump anything that's nearby. Small, compact and price is pretty good. Hopefully it lasts a good while.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Stroked View Post
                        Just picked up a ASP-micro handheld for quick scanning. So far i like it. Doesn't go very far out with detail, but you can see for a few hundred yards that something is out there. Plus it's good for walking into your stand and scanning to see if you'll jump anything that's nearby. Small, compact and price is pretty good. Hopefully it lasts a good while.
                        ×2 I am very happy with it

Comment

any of you guys with the Axion Key models (XM22 or XM30) wish you would NOT have gotten they key model and went with the non-Key model instead? Is there really a $400 difference in the non-key models?

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
                            Interesting and gives me hope. I'm in line for 1 w/ Sightmark. I emailed them to see if they have any news. If/when they reply I'll post it here. Can you post a link to some of the reviews?
                            Sorry, just saw this. Go to youtube and search Wraith 4K. It seems like the may be planning to call it the "Wraith 4K Max."

Here's 1 but there are a handful or so:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMZYnyaAnqw"]Sightmark Wraith 4K MAX -Spotting, Viewing, and Taking a Shot at Coyotes beyond 500 yards LONG RANGE - YouTube[/ame]

It will be interesting to see when our forum sponsor puts one of his mega-lights on it to see what it's really capable of. Those lights have improved other infrared night visions rather dramatically...
                            Last edited by ken800; 08-26-2020, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
                              Sorry guys, I've been missing in action.lol I went on a much needed vacation to the Rocky Mountains in NM for a couple weeks but I'm back in the saddle and full steam ahead now.

I've had the Wraith 4K Max (yes the Max is part of the name now) for over 6 weeks and it's a great optic. Hans and I plan to review it in about 2 more weeks after this week, on The Late Night Vision Show.

The first shipment is supposed to roll in this month (September) but it's going to be TINY. I don't expect most dealers to get more than a handful of scopes at most. Shipments will roll in every 30 days after that and honestly the shipments will be pretty darn small until November and December. We're looking at a perfect storm of high demand and low supply. And to be clear, when I say low supply, I mean it.

It's a really great scope with amazing image quality but it's not for the person who is scared of menus, options and tinkering. It takes a lot more setup than the HD but once you get it all set right, the pay off is large. Again, we'll be getting into all that on the podcast soon.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                                any of you guys with the Axion Key models (XM22 or XM30) wish you would NOT have gotten they key model and went with the non-Key model instead? Is there really a $400 difference in the non-key models?
                                The image quality on the non-Key models is substantially better because of the much higher resolution and physically larger display screen. The screen on the Key models is honestly very small in size but the lower magnification is nice for closer range hunting. The Axion XM30S has a better image quality but it's 4.5x base mag, so in reality, you can't really compare it to the Key XM22 at 2x or the Key XM30 at 2.5x. The optics serve two different purposes because of the huge magnification differences.

Feel free to call me some time if you've got more questions.

Jason
                                (877)350-1818

Comment

Working...
                                X