Question for Polaris Ranger Crew Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
    I know this thread is a few months old but I don't want to start a new one.

I've got a Ranger crew with a full front windshield with two small vents and we fought the dust last summer in New Mexico and we're going again next month. Last year our rear seat was COVERED in dust and the rest of the cab was bad but the rear was the worst. We were all riding in the front seat, so it wasn't the end of the world. This year we will have some more family with us and they will be riding in the back seat. I would hate to be them....

From all my research I know there is no 100% solution. But I see some people say the back glass helps and others say it doesn't. Does anyone have a definitive answer? I don't mind spending the $200 on the back glass if it's going to help but if it's not, I'll just live with what I've got now. I'll be extremely unhappy if I waste $200 on a back glass that I'm only going to use for 2 weeks a year. I have no problems here in East Texas the other 50 weeks of the year.

Thoughts?
    I started this thread and I went ahead and bought the back windshield. Just got back from Kansas (our place is extremely dusty) and honestly I wouldn’t spend the money. I will say back seat dust at eye level (not seat level) was a little better, however back seat and floor board was still covered with dust and I think front seat dust is a little worse due to back windshield. Again, this place is very dusty so that contributed, but making back seat a little better to cause front seat to be a little worse doesn’t seem worth the money to me.

Comment

We have 4 rangers 2 crew and 2 single cabs. Single cans are just horrible about dust period! One has a front and back windshield. And it’s is by far the worst we have about dust. It just sucks it straight into the cab. The one with just a a front windshield isn’t much better.

The crews are not near as bad about dust but I agree 2nd seat is much worse. We have 1 that gets used the most with front and rear glass and canvas doors that stay on year round with windows down. The best way to reduce dust in this one is crack the front glass to the 1/4 open position.

The crew we have with just front windshield isnt bad but we try to run the windshield half open on it. Imo cracking the front windshield or driving with it fully open helps the most out of anything else.

It won’t be long and I’ll be buying a cab ranger or can am next. But from what I’ve seen on those they don’t seal around the seats much and a lot of the dust comes up through and around the seats.

This is just my .02 I’ve had rangers for about 15 years now and road them all over Texas red dirt and a lot of sand here in East Texas it’s just like the red dirt in the dry Months and literally nothing I have found helps.

Except go by one of the John Deere Gators or Kubota RTVs with the true cabs on them.
      Last edited by dclifton; 07-26-2020, 08:22 PM.

Comment

The back windshield hype didn’t work on my crew. Back seat passengers still got hammered with dust. I took the front and back windshields off a couple weeks ago and everybody’s much happier. I’ll put the front windshield back on when it becomes cold, wet and soggy outside. Then take it off again next spring.

Comment

You either need to go with front and back windshield or no windshields. Front only will suck dust in from the back.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy1123 View Post
            The back windshield hype didn’t work on my crew. Back seat passengers still got hammered with dust. I took the front and back windshields off a couple weeks ago and everybody’s much happier. I’ll put the front windshield back on when it becomes cold, wet and soggy outside. Then take it off again next spring.
            This has been our answer. Have the removable front windshield and if it is cold or rainy we leave it on, if not, it comes off.

Comment

Fellas, this is the info I needed to know. I REALLY appreciate it. I don't mind spending the money but for a $200 back glass, I want to see some real results and it sounds like it's marginal at best. That's the info I wanted.

If we can just get some afternoon showers while we are out there in the mountains, it cuts the dust waaay down. Last year we only had a couple showers so it was pretty dusty and some of the trails we ride are long so there are plenty of miles of dust to eat.

Again, thanks guys, I truly appreciate it!

Jason

Comment

Man, I've got the polaris glass front windshield and a rear tinted poly on the back....we still get completely covered in dust at the ranch...my guess is full doors would solve this but not ready to drop the 3gs for them just yet. I actually think the dust is less with out the front one in.Click image for larger version

Name:	20200623_211410.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	24625076

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Take off windshield and problem solved. I only use mine when it cold and wet. Also too dang hot to have it in now.

Comment

Take off the windshield until it’s too cold to stand it, and then pray it’s wet. Every ranger or Rzr I’ve ever been in choked you with dust if there was a windshield. Even the 1/2 windshield in my Rzr was pretty bad.

Comment

Exactly what last 2 posters said. My windshield is whats collecting dust now lol

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                        Take off windshield and problem solved. I only use mine when it cold and wet. Also too dang hot to have it in now.
                        Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                        Take off the windshield until it’s too cold to stand it, and then pray it’s wet. Every ranger or Rzr I’ve ever been in choked you with dust if there was a windshield. Even the 1/2 windshield in my Rzr was pretty bad.
                        Originally posted by dirtybay View Post
                        Exactly what last 2 posters said. My windshield is whats collecting dust now lol
                        All of this.

I have a poly windsheild and even when it was 20 degrees in colorado, dealing the cold was better than the dust. I only use mine in texas when its raining.

Comment

Do they make the half doors for the Rangers? I know the single cab Rhinos used to be bad about it and half doors helped a lot.

Comment

Dumb question maybe....is this only with the Rangers or does this happen with other brands also, like Can-am?

Comment

Working...
                            X