Question for Polaris Ranger Crew Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Polaris Ranger Crew Owners

Trying to figure out how to reduce amount of dust that circulates through back seat. I’ve got a front windshield on it and wonder if that is part of the issue. Never had a problem with single row ranger but with my crew whoever is sitting in the back seat gets a mouthful of dust. Any words of wisdom here are appreciated!

Full cab enclosure with AC/heat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If you have a front and no back windshield there’s a whole lot of the problem

Comment

Can you half open the front windshield?

Comment

Need a back windshield. Will do wonders

Comment

rear windshield helps. I had the flip front and it helped very little. rear seating was always trashed

Comment

Get a rear windshield and your problem will go away. I have had it both ways and suffered with all the dirt and dust until I got a rear one. You won’t regret it.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, looks like rear windshield is s the answer.

Comment

It will definitely help. It wont get rid of it all, but sure does cut it down.

Comment

Back panel BARELY helped on my crew plus it resulted in absolutely everything in the bed getting covered in dust.

It’s a full cab or nothing at all IMO, especially if you are in red dirt.

Comment

I have two ranger crews. One has a fold down front and it dusts the back seat as well as the front. The other has a 2/3 -- 1/3 windshield with the smaller piece on the bottom. We take the bottom off and it keeps the dust off of everyone, provides enough breeze and the top half keeps the bugs out of your eyes.

Really disappointed in Polaris when they changed the windshield style on the '17. It limits functionality and you eat a lot more dust Not to mention that they have design flaws in the machine......

Comment

I have tried just about everything and nothing works

Comment

I know this thread is a few months old but I don't want to start a new one.

I've got a Ranger crew with a full front windshield with two small vents and we fought the dust last summer in New Mexico and we're going again next month. Last year our rear seat was COVERED in dust and the rest of the cab was bad but the rear was the worst. We were all riding in the front seat, so it wasn't the end of the world. This year we will have some more family with us and they will be riding in the back seat. I would hate to be them....

From all my research I know there is no 100% solution. But I see some people say the back glass helps and others say it doesn't. Does anyone have a definitive answer? I don't mind spending the $200 on the back glass if it's going to help but if it's not, I'll just live with what I've got now. I'll be extremely unhappy if I waste $200 on a back glass that I'm only going to use for 2 weeks a year. I have no problems here in East Texas the other 50 weeks of the year.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                            Back panel BARELY helped on my crew plus it resulted in absolutely everything in the bed getting covered in dust.

It’s a full cab or nothing at all IMO, especially if you are in red dirt.
                            This has pretty much been my experience. I’ve gone without a windshield in my last 2 rangers.

Comment

Back glass definitely helped mine

Comment

Working...
                              X