2019 F250 death wobble question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cgny27 View Post
    Man, just reading “death wobble” makes me have anxiety. Experienced that with my Wrangler a few years ago....it’s terrifying!! Good luck with the remedy!!!
    We had to throw all kinds of things at our 2012 Wrangler to fix that

Comment

Those so called Rancho shocks are terrible. I have a 17 and replaced all shocks last year. Front two were broke. Running Pro Comp Pro Series which I have put on all my trucks. Lifetime replacement definitely outweighs the name Fox.

Comment

Dang that stinks! Haven't had any issues on my 2017 but I run toyo mts on it.

Comment

My boss has a 2019 Ford F-250. Same issue. Track bar fixed it. Has to ball joints on each end that wear out. Truck has 50k and track bar was shot. Dealer said it’s happening a lot

Comment

Get a dash cam and use it, just in case you have a future issue.

Comment

It happened on my 17’ 350 with 35k miles on it. Happened on my brother in laws 17’ 250 a couple times by 20k miles. It’s happened on most of the 17+ trucks I know.

Comment

Crawl under the truck and watch the track bar while someone else steers the steering wheel back and forth real fast. If you see any play then you know it’s the track bar.
                I’ve seen the ball joints go bad or the rubber bushings on the other end go bad. That bolt going through it needs to be torqued to 369ft lbs.

Comment

This is a problem with any truck with coils in the front.

Track bar ball joint fixed my 2015 at 35,000. I also added a dual steering stabilizer and never had any issue, sold the truck with 145,000.

Many say tires but I don’t buy it, it’s either worn front end parts, or castor out of adjustment.

My 2017 I went with a lift that dropped the back of the radius arm which helped castor a lot and have never had a single shake in 50,000 miles. I did add a dual stabilizer when I did the lift though

Comment

The first place I would start with is the trac bar. Death wobble is a side to side movement and the trac bar is what locates the front axle side to side. I suggest getting an aftermarket trac bar. I did it in my 08 F250 a decade ago and have not had an issue after.

Comment

I just now got mine back from the shop for this very reason. They replaced the front end stabilizer bars and the shock, aligned the front end and that solved the problem (I hope). I never heard of this before until it actually happened to me.

Comment

I just now got mine back from the shop for this very reason. They replaced the front end stabilizer bars and the shock, aligned the front end and that solved the problem (I hope). I never heard of this before until it actually happened to me. 2013 F-250 85,000 miles and not original tires.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                          I just bought my brand new Ford F-250 diesel truck 5 weeks ago. It has 4100 miles on it.
                          Yesterday getting on beltway 8 here in houston, when I hit 70 the truck shook so bad I thought the front end was gonna come off. I let off the gas and at 45mph it stopped. I was tripping out.

Is that the death wobble or something else?

Truck has 18” rims if that matters and everything is stock.

Sent from my iPhone
                          Have a good friend with a 2019 and his did it. Took it back to dealer and they supposedly fixed it.

Comment

I had it happen to my 2018 F-250 at about 20K miles. Scared me to death and then pi$$ed me off. I took it in to he dealership and they fixed it under warranty. They have a service bulletin for the repair. The're a series of fixes they go through. If the first repairs don't work they go to the second set of repairs and so forth. Fortunately they fixed mine with the first set of repairs.

Comment

Common problem on those trucks.

Comment

Didn't Ford make a big deal out of other trucks wobbling?
                                Mud slinging campaigns have a way of biting back.
                                Oh yeah, that's right they did:
                                [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJZVUnOduH4"]2009 Truck Durability Test FORD CHEVY DODGE TOYOTA By Ford Motor Company - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X