14. bk_tradguy88
    15. CRM95
    16. little john
    17. Hoggslayer
    18. ElfEyes
    19. sweetinlow660
    20. MEsquivel

And, were off!!!

I need PigOps to send me his address so I can ship the bow to him to get us started again. I sent him a PM so he can text me the info.

And PLEASE, everyone remember to post a bio about yourself when you get the bow, and then add some post about your time with here during your month.

Also, please remember that each person has the bow for 4 full weekends. Get the bow on its way to the next person in line the Monday or Tuesday after your 4th weekend.

Bisch
    Last edited by Bisch; 06-15-2019, 09:45 PM.

Comment

thanks again, Bisch!

Comment

So cool to see that Sac is making another round. Thanks for keeping it going Bisch!!

Comment

I sent my addy to Bisch last night. Excited to get the bow and wouldn’t have dreamed that I’d be first in line. My plan is to try and dust some pigs with it while it’s in my possession. I’ll work on a bio this week and post it once I like it.

Comment

Sacajawea is on her way to PigOps!!!!

Let the adventure continue!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Bisch

Perhaps it would help to repost her specs so the participants can be more prepared when she arrives as far as arrows are concerned.

Gary

Comment

Bisch
                SHORT VERSION:
                I’m a pastor that has gone from hunting with an AR to building my own longbows and plan to stick some critters with this one.

LONG VERSION:
                Sacajawea landed safely this morning so I will try and write up a short bio. My name is James and I live in a small town called Meridian. I’m an associate pastor at a church and am responsible for teaching the teenagers the Bible and leading the church’s music. I love my calling and have been in full time ministry for going on 20 years.

My love for hunting started early in life in another small town in southeast Texas along the Neches River. I grew up mainly small game hunting for squirrel and rabbit but occasionally I would be invited to sit in a box blind to hunt for deer. My family spent a fair bit of time each year catfishing at lake Livingston and I loved that as well.

Throughout my early adult life I spent quite a bit of time fishing along the coast in Bridge City before moving to Fort Worth for 5 years. In FW I started getting into firearms and traded a guitar for an AR-15 (One of those real dangerous bushmasters.) and started doing some occasional pig hunting.

Moving to Meridian was like going home. I immediately found some landowners who were more than happy to let me kill pigs around their houses and I ended up building a custom AR in 6.5 Grendel to do the job.

After killing who knows how many pigs with an AR a teenager in my group got me into the compound bow scene. I devoted a lot of time into learning to tune a bow and shoot with proper form. To the point where I was taking shots on animals that we 30-40 yards away. It honestly began to feel less sporting.

I had purchased an old Hoyt/Easton compound for $25 and began to read about warfing it into an ILF recurve riser. I successfully completed that project and began to shoot regularly. I eventually found a killer deal on a Hoyt Satori that I couldn’t pass up. It was in my blood by this point and I began to successfully kill pigs regularly with the recurve.

That’s when I came across the Bingham Projects website.

I’ve always loved woodworking and have built a couple of solid wood electric guitars so I thought I’d give bow building a shot. I settled on the tdlb and ordered the all in one kit and started building. My first bow turned out ok but the riser snapped after several thousand shots. Undeterred I have now built a second set of limbs that turned out fantastic and have built several risers that have turned out nice as well.

I really wanted to join the list so that I could shoot a Sarrels bow because I’ve heard nothing but great things about them in the green screen. I look forward to my time with her and hope to stick a critter or two. Fortunately for the next in line I leave for Honduras in 3 weeks for a mission trip so you’ll be getting her early.

If you’ve made it this far thanks for reading.
                Last edited by PigOPs; 06-20-2019, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Good write-up PigOPs, hope you enjoy your time with Sac.

Comment

Good write up James!!! It’s nice to see more chapters being added to the story. I hope you have a great time with her, and can’t wait to hear about it.

Bisch

Comment

As mentioned before, is there a way we can get the draw weight specs and maybe the center cut so that we could maybe try and have arrows somewhat ready?

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
                        As mentioned before, is there a way we can get the draw weight specs and maybe the center cut so that we could maybe try and have arrows somewhat ready?
                        I don't remember exactly, but 47@28 seems to ring a bell in my head.

Maybe PigOps can give us the straight poop with the info written on the bow.

Bisch

Comment

I don't remember exactly, but 47@28 seems to ring a bell in my head.

Maybe PigOps can give us the straight poop with the info written on the bow.

Bisch
                          It says 47# @28". I'm pulling 55# @30ish if my scale is reading accurately. It's certainly not cut to center but I'd have to measure what it is cut to...

Comment

Here is the new travel list!

1. PigOps
                            2. TX CHICKEN
                            3. JTeLarkin08
                            4. Antlers86
                            5. CamoQuest
                            6. BO-N-ARO
                            7. IowaHunter
                            8. loco cacahuate
                            9. Texar
                            10. Grand Passage
                            11. Dugie
                            12. smokinfeathers
                            13. popup_menace
                            14. bk_tradguy88
                            15. CRM95
                            16. little john
                            17. Hoggslayer
                            18. ElfEyes
                            19. sweetinlow660
                            20. MEsquivel

Just a reminder: Sometime during your month with Sacajawea, you have to contact the next person on the list to gt their address info, so you can send it on to them when your time is up.

Bisch
                            Last edited by Bisch; 07-08-2019, 07:53 AM.

Comment

TX CHICKEN, check your PM's! It's time for Sacajawea to head your way!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Nice write PO. Get some blood on her if you can.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X