Duck hunt eagle lake/garwood/ el campo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duck hunt eagle lake/garwood/ el campo

Looking for outfitter recommendations, key is I want to run my own dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know of no recommendations at this time. The ducks are pretty void in gwood and surrounding area.

Comment

Originally posted by twdjr View Post
      I know of no recommendations at this time. The ducks are pretty void in gwood.

thanks for the tip!

Comment

Yea...my buddy is a.lead guide in that area and they haven't been killing them lately as well as early season

Comment

Jim West has been killing a bunch in the marsh near High Island. I wouldn’t waist my time on the prairie. It’s been very spotty this year.

Comment

Hunting has been terrible overall on the prairie this season.
            Last edited by DUKFVR; 01-10-2021, 03:22 AM.

Comment

With this front coming through it may bring some birds in, then it’s supposed to warm up in the 70 by mid week. I wouldn’t waste my $$ going to that area. Unless its a pretty reputable thing.

Comment

Ok, so if that region is a no go. Any suggestions within an hr or 2 from the north Houston area?

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                  Ok, so if that region is a no go. Any suggestions within an hr or 2 from the north Houston area?

He has very few days left available but check with Bink Grimes and see if he can get you in. Hunting near Matagorda. Bink has been doing better than everyone else I have talked to. 979-241-1705

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                    He has very few days left available but check with Bink Grimes and see if he can get you in. Hunting near Matagorda. Bink has been doing better than everyone else I have talked to. 979-241-1705

Just spoke to him, marsh hunts are booked up. Only thing open is bay hunts

Comment

Yeah, he books up solid. Part of it is he manages the pressure well and limits the number of groups they hunt. Good for the hunting but can make it difficult getting booked if you don't plan ahead.

Comment

Steve Biggers with Rocky Creek Retrievers https://www.rcrteamwaterfowl.com/ He lets you bring your dog, blinds are great and well done. 281-610-8226. The weather should've brought more ducks in. He told me a week ago that they were slow. Call him, good guy. I have hunted with him for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                          Yeah, he books up solid. Part of it is he manages the pressure well and limits the number of groups they hunt. Good for the hunting but can make it difficult getting booked if you don't plan ahead.
                          That's a pretty special piece of marsh he has access to. Good guy too.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                            Steve Biggers with Rocky Creek Retrievers https://www.rcrteamwaterfowl.com/ He lets you bring your dog, blinds are great and well done. 281-610-8226. The weather should've brought more ducks in. He told me a week ago that they were slow. Call him, good guy. I have hunted with him for years.

Thanks, I’ll reach out to him

Comment

You could try The Drake Plantation. I'm not sure if they'd let you work your dog or not, but they are in Winnie and seem to have been killing them pretty good lately.

Comment

Working...
                              X