Well I did a thing, I'm not sure about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I did a thing, I'm not sure about

Buddy wants to repair/replace Commercial Tues on the side.
    I fronted him $2k to get started. It's taken me 2 years to save this much. It was my nest egg. I had plans for it. Mainly to get my pickup in fighting shape.

He has no contacts in our area. Hoping it wouldn't go through but it did.
    I'm nervous. Trying hard not to drive the ship from the back seat. I can see some issues coming up. Having 14th thoughts about this.

Anyways. Any recommendations on how to break it to the wife..

Tell her to join tbh so she can be updated to your life events

Comment

No advise on telling wife about the financial infidelity, hopefully it all works out
      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 12-21-2020, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Investing in someone else side gig!? Good luck man hopefully he'll get things rolling and you won't be in the dog house too bad. Don't know your wife so I have no clue the appropriate approach, good luck!

Comment

I'm confused on what you are saying.

Comment

First of all what is a Tue?

Comment

If 2k was your next egg you shouldn't have done it. Only thing you can do is tell her you screwed up.

2K would not change our world but I wouldn't give a buddy 2k without talking to my wife.

Comment

If you loan money to friends or family consider it a gift.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                  First of all what is a Tue?
                  I'm assuming Commercial Tires!

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                    If you loan money to friends or family consider it a gift.
                    This is true.

Comment

Did your wife know you had a nest egg? If not why bother bringing it up to her, just pay your buddy a visit and ask for your money back. Or as mentioned by GA call it a bad investment and move on.

Comment

What is 14th thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

IN to see where this goes. Kyle, I love ya man but you’re killing me Smalls! What exactly is transpiring here brother? I’m gonna need someone to decipher East Texas language.

Comment

I'm not one to tell a man what to do with his money but since you put it out there. If it has taken you 2 years to save $2k, then "investing" in a buddy's side business probably isn't the wisest decision. Here is the thing about start ups or side businesses. Don't ever put money into it that you can't afford to lose. Also, most start out with not enough capitol to keep things going. Not sure what all goes into this type of business but $2k can get eaten up real quick in any kind of business.
                            Good luck in your venture and yes, I would tell the wife about it if she knows about the $2k.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                              Buddy wants to repair/replace Commercial Tues on the side.
                              I fronted him $2k to get started. It's taken me 2 years to save this much. It was my nest egg. I had plans for it. Mainly to get my pickup in fighting shape.

He has no contacts in our area. Hoping it wouldn't go through but it did.
                              I'm nervous. Trying hard not to drive the ship from the back seat. I can see some issues coming up. Having 14th thoughts about this.

Anyways. Any recommendations on how to break it to the wife..
                              Was this an investment or did you just give him 2k to get started and him pay you back 2k once he has it?

Comment

Working...
                              X