Hand-me-down shotguns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hand-me-down shotguns

So I inherited some shotguns. I don't know much about the old ones, hoping to see if there were any experts here that could help me understand what I have received. There aren't for sale, but I am curious to know about what the value would be. I am also interested in knowing what year, or about what year these guns were made.

Right now all I know is that they were either my grandpa's, or my dad's grandpa's, except for the 22, which was my uncles.

It looks like a Wm Parkhurst side by side, 12 gauge, a single shot 12 ga, a model 12, and a marlin 22.

Pics coming.

Pics

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't know much but i know that sxs is sawweet..my favorite scattergun is an Ithaca 37 from early 50's that was handed down to me by my grandfather..don't get rid of any btw...

Comment

That model 12 is a little bit more rare if it's an original mod choke. Nothing super different, but most standard model 12s you come across are full choke. Serial dates it to 1949.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
          That model 12 is a little bit more rare if it's an original mod choke. Nothing super different, but most standard model 12s you come across are full choke. Serial dates it to 1949.
          Sweet! That is the year my dad was born. That is what I was thinking based on the serial number.

Based on the stamps on the William parkhurst side by side, I believe it is British made. Looks like it is "just another Belgium clunker" as one site put it. Still cool to have a gun from possibly before 1894!

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X