Alaska grizzly attack (happy ending)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alaska grizzly attack (happy ending)

Found this to be a good read this morning, two bikers were going through Alaska, with bear bells on. A sow attacked and took down one man; the other sprayed the bear and was successful at getting her off his friend and he is recovering well. The two were able to walk away. Mountain biking in grizzly country is a tough sport!!

Ringing the dinner bell while riding.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
      Ringing the dinner bell while riding.
      Good one, and I like the cartoon that shows bears watching people camping and climbing into their sleeping bags for the night, and one of the bears says: "Oh boy! Hot pockets!"

Regards,

Dave

Comment

How do you identify Griz poop, it has bells in it and smells like pepper.

Comment

Those things don't play games. Knowing my luck my buddy would spray me with that pepper spray and I'd just end up giving the bear heart burn.lol

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
            Those things don't play games. Knowing my luck my buddy would spray me with that pepper spray and I'd just end up giving the bear heart burn.lol
            Lmao

Comment

Is it illegal to conceal or open carry and mountain bike in Alaska? Just wondering why they were packing bear spray and not a 44 mag. Then you said bells and helmets and i knew why.

Comment

An Alaska man said he survived being pulled off of his bike and attacked by a large brown bear, thanks to his quick-thinking friend.

They were on an Airforce Base. Maybe the reason they couldnt carry. However looking at thier biking attire.....i still think the bear spray was their first choice.

Comment

Happy ending? The 2 guys were gay?

Comment

Fast food

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                      Fast food
                      This and the hot pockets made me chuckle

Comment

Not that I wouldn't carry a big pistol in grizzly country, but from what I've read, bear spray has been proven more effective in those split second encounters. With it happening so fast, most of the time that big wash of spray is more likely to hit the bear where it needs to.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          Happy ending? The 2 guys were gay?
                          Said it as a sow grizzly!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang it, I read the title and thought maybe Hillary and Co. were hiking in bear country......

Comment

Working...
                              X