Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great information nursejenn... thanks for the details and timeline

Comment

After conversing a few weeks ago with my oncologist, who contracted Covid, was in the hospital for 2 months and almost died (he is a skinny far easterner with no other health issues), he was adament that we should get the vaccine

A contact of mine at one of the local hospitals called me last Friday and asked if we wanted to get an appointment to get the shot the following Monday. My wife and I got the shot (Moderna) and will get the 2nd on Feb 8. Other than a slight soreness at the shot site, no ill effects so far.

The vaccines were delivered in an exhibit building at the fairgrounds, and delivered by firemen. Very organized. We walked in, got the shot immediately, sat for 15 minutes in a socially distanced area for any reaction, then left.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        After conversing a few weeks ago with my oncologist, who contracted Covid, was in the hospital for 2 months and almost died (he is a skinny far easterner with no other health issues), he was adament that we should get the vaccine

A contact of mine at one of the local hospitals called me last Friday and asked if we wanted to get an appointment to get the shot the following Monday. My wife and I got the shot (Moderna) and will get the 2nd on Feb 8. Other than a slight soreness at the shot site, no ill effects so far.

The vaccines were delivered in an exhibit building at the fairgrounds, and delivered by firemen. Very organized. We walked in, got the shot immediately, sat for 15 minutes in a socially distanced area for any reaction, then left.
        Good deal!!

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

I received my Moderna vaccination Jan 5. It was painless and no soreness. My follow up is Feb 3.

Comment

I'm still trying to find one but they aren't available around here much.

Comment

Phizer #1 left my arm very sore on day 2. I’m now 27 hrs. post #2 with no effects.

Comment

Originally posted by FIRETX12 View Post
                Phizer #1 left my arm very sore on day 2. I’m now 27 hrs. post #2 with no effects.
                Good deal... I get mine tomorrow and will give an update.

Comment

Update: received my vaccine yesterday around 2pm.... no issues post injection. This morning I woke up with sore arm at injection site and a headache. I took Tylenol and felt better. Around 16:00, I got a headache again and got chills. Checked temperature and it was normal. Took another dose of Tylenol and waiting for that to kick in. Chills were pretty bad but they seem to be improving. Overall, feeling tired but I was able to do things today until the chills started.

Comment

I am wondering if people will receive the 2nd vaccine because of the logistic foul up
                    Every center administrating is void of stock in our area

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                      I am wondering if people will receive the 2nd vaccine because of the logistic foul up
                      Every center administrating is void of stock in our area
                      I was wondering the same thing now that I have had my first one. I am hearing the second one may not be available anytime soon. What a waste.

Comment

Not trying to stir anything up just want people to be aware.

Comment

Originally posted by JGadbury View Post
                          Not trying to stir anything up just want people to be aware.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/55-peo...m_3659152.html
                          Then dont. Be aware of what?? Let's do some math shall we?? Let's say at my medical facility 1,500 people received their 2nd vaccine. If 55 people died from it, that is 3.666666667 percent. Pretty small percentage right?? Ok, now let's look at a MUCH LARGER scale. Let's say 1,000,000 people recieved their 2nd shot and still 55 people died from it. That percentage is .0055 percent. So before you post something from the "Epoch Times" to make people "aware" do some research first. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by MONSTERKEN View Post
                            Then dont. Be aware of what?? Let's do some math shall we?? Let's say at my medical facility 1,500 people received their 2nd vaccine. If 55 people died from it, that is 3.666666667 percent. Pretty small percentage right?? Ok, now let's look at a MUCH LARGER scale. Let's say 1,000,000 people recieved their 2nd shot and still 55 people died from it. That percentage is .0055 percent. So before you post something from the "Epoch Times" to make people "aware" do some research first. Just a thought.

While truly not trying to get into the discussion on the viability of the COVID vaccine or the severity of COVID whatsoever, I just find it amazingly ironic. if we changed a few words in this response, this is the same response someone would have that is discounting the severity of the COVID death rate.....

Comment

Originally posted by MONSTERKEN View Post

Maybe I am missing something, but this reminds me of a quote from Billy Madison.
                              “Mr. Madison, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.”

Comment

Originally posted by bgbean90 View Post
                                While truly not trying to get into the discussion on the viability of the COVID vaccine or the severity of COVID whatsoever, I just find it amazingly ironic. if we changed a few words in this response, this is the same response someone would have that is discounting the severity of the COVID death rate.....
                                It's hilariously absurd, isn't it? The vaccine is likely more dangerous than the virus..."But my TV said I need the shot. The TV said so!"

Comment

Working...
                                X