This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
    Good question. Democrats are reportedly rallying behind a single article of impeachment, authored by Democratic Reps. Jamie Raskin of Maryland, David Cicilline of Rhode Island and Ted Lieu of California, that charges Trump with high crimes and misdemeanors for “willfully inciting violence against the Government of the United States.”

The article linked below contains some specific quotes from Trump's speech that will likely be considered if impeachment proceeds.

Incitement to Riot? What Trump Told Supporters Before Mob Stormed Capitol

Here is a closer look at what the president said at a rally of his supporters, which is a central focus of the impeachment case being prepared against him.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/10/u...eech-riot.html
    I’ve read it. Tell me in your opinion what he said to incite the invasion or riot.

Comment

So when it’s Democrats the words are twisted but not when Trump says something, save your watches it’s too late for the boots.

Comment

Legdog for the win. good stuff old friend

Comment

This afternoon, after days of criticism for not doing so, the White House lowered the flag for slain U.S. Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick.

Trump hasn’t contacted slain Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick’s family: report

https://nypost.com/2021/01/09/trump-...family-report/

Four days after Capitol Police Officer Brian D. Sicknick was bludgeoned to death fighting rioters in the halls of Congress, President Trump still has yet to order flags to fly at half-staff at federal buildings, according to multiple reports.

Trump also has yet to reach out to the Sicknick family, The New York Times reported.

Vice President Mike Pence, meanwhile, has called the family to extend condolences, the Times noted.

Sicknick, 42, was hit in the head with a fire extinguisher while responding to the riots, and later died of his injuries, officials have said.

Flags on the Capitol building itself were lowered Friday, per a directive from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, but Trump has not issued the same order for the federal buildings under his purview, according to reports in the Times and MSNBC.

Meanwhile, Trump and Pence have reportedly not spoken since Wednesday.

Pence is said to be furious that Trump made him the target of Wednesday’s angry mob that stormed the Capitol as Pence was overseeing the Congressional election-certification process.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
            I used to come on this site and occasionally I drifted into topics where sometimes I felt the need to tell people why whatever I thought was right and whatever they thought was wrong.

I got over it.

If it helps you formulate your ideas and base platform, I guess that’s valuable. But I guarantee, you will enlighten no one. Not. One.

It’s like walking into a room full of preachers and telling them God doesn’t exist. What’s the point?

If you enjoy being that guy, go for it. Some day you might just realize the futility of it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The very definition of an echo chamber

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              Vermin93, I disagree with your politics. You and I are 1000 miles apart in that regard. But....but....I appreciate the way you debate. You're not afraid to dig for information and unless I missed something, you don't usually resort to name calling. You stand your ground even if your the only one that believes in you. Your politics, in my honest and noble opinion, sucks balls, but I do respect those things about you.
              All he did was repeat DNC/MSM talking points. He did not dig for anything. He is just a mouth piece.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                I’ve read it. Tell me in your opinion what he said to incite the invasion or riot.
                If you look at the totality of the situation...including Trump's language that repeatedly targeted Pence prior to the speech, his lying about the Constitutional ability to overturn the election, his suggestion that the certification of the electoral vote was an illegal affront against MAGA, and then what the insurrectionists were shouting during the assault on the Capitol, it paints the picture of how they're likely going to go after him. He took an already volatile situation, created clear targets, and then whipped the mob into a frenzy, directed them to march on the Capitol, and intimated they should help him to overthrow the election. He told them he was going to march with them and instead he snuck off to his tailgate party to watch it all go down.

I'm neither a lawyer or a prosecutor and don't consider myself qualified to suggest whether Trump's actions meet the legal standard for incitement. I do believe there will be disagreement among legal experts and if I had to bet whether the Senate will convict him, I would bet no simply because of the number of votes needed.

Comment

Originally posted by planomustang View Post
                  All he did was repeat DNC/MSM talking points. He did not dig for anything. He is just a mouth piece.
                  I quoted verifiable statements that were made, including critically important context that discredited the dishonest Facebook meme that was posted.

You know...real evidence.

Comment

Last news "drop" for tonight. More to come tomorrow and in the days ahead.

T-minus 10 Trump days to go.

Jeanine Pirro Slams ‘Outright Criminal,’ ‘Bunch of Freaks’ Responsible for Capitol Riots: Stop Trying to Blame Antifa!

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/jeanine-...-blame-antifa/

Fox News host Jeanine Pirro didn’t hold back on Saturday night, scolding pro-Trump vigilantes who stormed the Capitol building on Wednesday, calling the actions of the looters “deplorable” and urging her viewers to stop blaming antifa.

“I want to be clear. The actions at the United States Capitol three days ago were deplorable, reprehensible, outright criminal,” Pirro stated. “These frightening and repulsive actions represent the most significant breach on our Capitol in over 200 years. And I don’t care with happened in the past and or whether those who did it think the election was stolen. That is not justification. Seventy-five million of us are still angry about the election, but we don’t storm the Capitol.”

The Fox News host then told her audience to stop blaming others for the illegal activities carried out by President Donald Trump’s supporters.

“And stop looking for other people to blame, including those dirt-bag terrorists antifa. To those of you who did this, you did it, of your own will, and you will be held accountable. Take the veil of politics off,” Pirro continued. “Be totally objective, anyone watching this must condemn it.”

Pirro went onto state the pro-Trump vigilantes looked like a “bunch of freaks” as they destroyed the Capitol building.

The FBI said Friday they had “no indication” that antifa activists were involved in the Capitol raid.

The claim that antifa was involved in the storming of the Capitol was first pushed by a now-debunked and retracted Washington Times report, but the story quickly spread in conservative circles nonetheless.

Comment

Hmm

Comment

This afternoon, after days of criticism for not doing so, the White House lowered the flag for slain U.S. Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick.

Trump hasn’t contacted slain Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick’s family: report

https://nypost.com/2021/01/09/trump-...family-report/

Four days after Capitol Police Officer Brian D. Sicknick was bludgeoned to death fighting rioters in the halls of Congress, President Trump still has yet to order flags to fly at half-staff at federal buildings, according to multiple reports.

Trump also has yet to reach out to the Sicknick family, The New York Times reported.

Vice President Mike Pence, meanwhile, has called the family to extend condolences, the Times noted.

Sicknick, 42, was hit in the head with a fire extinguisher while responding to the riots, and later died of his injuries, officials have said.

Flags on the Capitol building itself were lowered Friday, per a directive from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, but Trump has not issued the same order for the federal buildings under his purview, according to reports in the Times and MSNBC.

Meanwhile, Trump and Pence have reportedly not spoken since Wednesday.

Pence is said to be furious that Trump made him the target of Wednesday’s angry mob that stormed the Capitol as Pence was overseeing the Congressional election-certification process.
                        I like how you can quote an article by the NY post and use it as fact in your arguments. The article you posted said he was "bludgeoned to death fighting rioters in the halls of Congress"............. The article that came out today stated he was hit in the head with a fire extinguisher and continued to work. Later went back to the station where he said he did not feel well and was taken to the hospital where he eventually passed. Regardless it was a tragedy.

Comment

One thing that is tragic is they stormed in and only vandalized the place. The action was ill advised and accomplished nothing.
                          Now if they had stormed in and taken in enough fire power to take out the tyrants that are the reason our country is morally and financially bankrupt and our constitution is in danger of being destroyed by and done so, then it would have made a lot more sense.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I am not so much pro trump as I am anti democrat.

I saw nothing wrong with his speech and know that sometimes violence is the only language both sides speak.

When a group refuses to condemn a group that is rioting and then turn and condemn another based solely off of political ideology, they lose the right for sane people to listen to them. ESPECIALLY when one side is causing millions in damage and obviously being intentional with the chaos.

I have no problem with what happened in the capital. Perhaps a bit of tar and a bag of feathers may have helped to make the point.

The media and liberals are continuing to pick a fight. When it comes....you better be on the right side.

Comment

Nothing wrong with Trump or his speech! Dems all showing what they’re made of along with msm. The swamp is deep with D’s and R’s maybe the end of the administration but probably not the last we will hear from the Orange monster!

Comment

Quotes by 4 Democrats twisted to make it look like they endorsed riots

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...ok-they-endor/

After pro-Trump rioters stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, some have taken to social media to criticize liberals who have condemned the breach, calling them hypocrites for supporting the Black Lives Matter protests over the summer.

One popular Facebook post targets four Democratic women in Congress: U.S. Rep. Ayanna Pressley, Vice President-elect Kamala Harris, U.S. Rep. Maxine Waters, and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Their faces are pictured in front of burning buildings.

Each photo includes a quote purportedly from the lawmaker that sounds like she is encouraging unrest. The post claims these are "direct quotes" from when Black Lives Matter "was BURNING down cities and killing people in the streets!"

The message isn’t totally accurate. Some of the quotes are legitimate, but some are outdated and unrelated to the Black Lives Matter protests, and others are taken out of context.

The post was flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed.

Let’s take it one quote at a time.

Ayanna Pressley

According to the post, Pressley, D-Mass., said of the Black Lives Matter protests that "there needs to be unrest in the streets."

Pressley did call for "unrest in the streets" in an Aug. 15 interview with Tiffany Cross on MSNBC’s "AM Joy" show.

"This is as much about public outcry and organizing and mobilizing and applying pressure so that this GOP-led Senate and these governors that continue to carry water for this administration, putting the American people in harm’s way, turning a deaf ear to the needs of our families and our communities — hold them accountable," she said.

"Make the phone calls, send the emails, show up," she added. "You know, there needs to be unrest in the streets for as long as there’s unrest in our lives."

Pressley received swift backlash with critics accusing her of condoning lawlessness. Pressley said she didn’t expect that reaction.

"There are moments in real time when you’re offering something — on a stage in a dais, in an interview — where you become aware: ‘I’m going to experience a lot of vitriol for this,’" Pressley recalled about her comment in a Jan. 3 USA Today article. "I have to say, for this particular moment, I had not anticipated that, because it was a framing that I have used many times before."

There was no indication Pressley necessarily meant anything other than peaceful protest.

Kamala Harris

The quote attributed to Harris, that "protesters should not let up," is legitimate, but she was neither referring to riots nor condoning people burning down buildings.

Speaking remotely to late-show host Stephen Colbert in June 2020, Harris voiced support for the racial justice protests that were going on — but she didn’t say she wanted riots to continue.

"This is a movement, I’m telling you, they’re not going to stop, and everyone beware, because they’re not going to stop before Election Day in November, and they’re not going to stop after Election Day," she said. "And everyone should take note of that, on both levels, that they’re not going to let up, and they should not, and we should not."

In a speech on Aug. 27, Harris said she supported peaceful protesters.

"We should not confuse them with those looting and committing acts of violence," she said.

Maxine Waters

Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., is quoted as saying: "If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and create a crowd and you push back on them, and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere."

Waters’ comment came in 2018 at a Los Angeles rally after a Virginia restaurant owner refused to serve then-White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders. It had nothing to do with the Black Lives Matter movement or riots.

Waters urged attendees at the event to keep "pushing back" against members of the Trump administration with whom they disagreed.

"You think we’re rallying now? You ain’t seen nothing yet," Waters said, according to a HuffPost report. "Already you have members of your Cabinet that are being booed out of restaurants ... protesters taking up at their house saying ‘no peace, no sleep.’"

"If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere," she added.

Her comment was met with condemnation from Republicans and distance from some Democrats.

Nancy Pelosi

Pelosi’s alleged riot quote — "I just don’t know why there aren’t uprisings all over the country. Maybe there will be" — was said over two years ago about the Trump administration’s policy of separating migrant children from their parents at the U.S.-Mexico border.

On June 14, 2018, Pelosi said that the National Association of Evangelicals told Congress that the U.S. refugee resettlement system was the "crown jewel of American humanitarianism."

"And in order to do away with that crown jewel, they're doing away with children being with their moms," she said. "I just don't even know why there aren't uprisings all over the country. And maybe there will be, when people realize that this is a policy that they defend."

Our ruling

A Facebook post features statements made by four Democratic leaders and claims the comments are all direct quotes that were made "when BLM was BURNING down cities and killing people in the streets!"

This is misleading. Some of the quotes are legitimate, and were made during or around the height of the Black Lives Matter protests over the summer.

Some of the statements received backlash, but none specifically indicated that they meant anything besides peaceful protest. Harris, in particular, condemned violent rioters and said she supported peaceful protesters.

Other comments were made years ago and were not referring to any looting or violent civil unrest that occurred during riots in 2020.

The Facebook post contains an element of truth but ignores critical facts that would give a different impression. We rate it Mostly False.
                                Here's the problem....

It doesn't matter when or where the comments were made only that they happened. Why does time and place reduce the fact that they incited violence every bit as much as Trump did if we want to make judgements and assumptions?

Comment

Working...
                                X