X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone show my a skinny kid.LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
      If they can’t afford food how do you think they can afford to pay to hunt these hogs? As many as there are, you still don’t see anyone offering up free hog hunts.
      4 thoughts.

1. There are not hungry Texans. Show me one that doesn't have an iPhone or somehow find money for beer (or whatever).

2. There are not that many wild pigs
      3. If you don't believe #2 then the pigs are not near as destructive as people think.
      4. If you don't believe #2 or #3 then explain if pigs are costing landowners millions and are multiplying like crazy why can't you find places to hunt them cheaper? Hint - It's mostly hype like ranchers saying prickly pear takes over their ranch and is hard to get rid of. I mean sure it does over the years if left unchecked but it's not that hard to fight back.

I've asked a few times why we can't have more places to process pigs. Or why we hunters can't sell them for cheap on a market that could go to feed people. Has to be pork lobby money or something. Sell free range organic lean pork at Sprouts and Natural food stores?? They all go crazy over organic everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
        People dont know how to change a tire on a car. Not surprised they don't know how to hunt their own food.
        Hell, some don't know how to wear there pants correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
          I took the op's question as why isn't there a program to take wild hogs and turn them into food for the hungry.

Not a neighbor serving neighbor deal.

Food services have regulations and there's no shortage of ambulance chasers.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
          My thoughts as well.
          Yes, that was my mindset. Naturally the “blame others” crowd showed up.

Comment

Originally posted by R.W.T View Post
            Can’t sell the meat, and can’t shoot, or trap enough as an individual to really feed the need. And definitely not seeing land owners inviting starving Texans out to fill there freezers for free
            Actually you can sell hog meat. Hogs are not game animals. They are feral animals. You just cannot transport live hogs across county lines without jumping through hoops. If anyone wants some hog meat I have 3 nice sows currently that could be had for $50 each. I have been selling hog meat since the 90's.

-john

Comment

If your an adult in Tx and hungry it’s probably your fault.
              If your a kid and hungry in America you need to be removed from whoever it is that’s suppose to be feeding you

Comment

We were poor
                We done all our own butchering
                Pork beef poultry venison
                It was a way of life and we were very happy
                I’ve learned how to cure meat and pressure can veggies meat ect
                I’m not poor anymore but I will not let just anybody on my properties because of the ambulance chasers
                I do let people hunt that I know and give hogs I catch to different people if they come clean them
                With today’s entitlement mentality they want them cleaned packaged and some probably want it cooked
                I will feed anybody who is hungry but as far as turning strangers loose on our properties NO WAY

Comment

Not to derail, but would be a great way to feed the prison system.... but that will never happen.

RiverRat1 that sounds like a real nice make believe world. Lol
                  I spend thousands a year in removal and took on between $15-$20k in damage to land and equipment this year alone. And I charge $0 to anyone and to date I’ve had $0 donated for any of it(meat or hunts)... although I did have an elderly lady have someone reload me a box of .223 a few weeks ago, her idea. I thought that was pretty awesome. They took on probably $8k in damage to landscape and irrigation in 2 nights, and a TBHer brought me some awesome sausage as a gift. but your right it’s all hype
                  Last edited by Low Fence; 12-31-2020, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                    After eating a great supper of a small 10lb wild pig, I was simply thinking about how many people in Texas are suffering from hunger, and why? With as many wild hogs in Texas, why is there hungry people in Texas?
                    Its obvious that the private and public groups feeding the poor could easily with the money they spend on programs set up massive traps on public and private land and catch enough pork to feed the needy. Why dont they? Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                      Yep.. Me and a group of men that I used to go to church with were going to haul our pits to Houston, fire them up, cook wild game and start feeding the homeless folks living under the bridges..... NOPE.. We were told by the city(politicians)that it was against the LAW.. Some of the Dumbest BS that I have ever heard.. Im sure if some of them were making money off of it we would have had the green light all day long..
                      We had a friend who was a big wig for the Astros. We would go to the games in his suite quite often and I asked him once about all the food that was thrown away from the suites after games. Seemed like a waste. He said for years they would donate to local homeless shelters. One time some people got sick, claimed it was from the Astros food, and a group of them tried to sue the team. That was that.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                        Not to derail, but would be a great way to feed the prison system.... but that will never happen.

RiverRat1 that sounds like a real nice make believe world. Lol
                        I spend thousands a year in removal and took on between $15-$20k in damage to land and equipment this year alone. And I charge $0 to anyone and to date I’ve had $0 donated for any of it(meat or hunts)... although I did have an elderly lady have someone reload me a box of .223 a few weeks ago, her idea. I thought that was pretty awesome. They took on probably $8k in damage to landscape and irrigation in 2 nights, and a TBHer brought me some awesome sausage as a gift. but your right it’s all hype
                        Ole RiverRat never fails to be negative at all cost...

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          4 thoughts.

1. There are not hungry Texans. Show me one that doesn't have an iPhone or somehow find money for beer (or whatever).

2. There are not that many wild pigs
                          3. If you don't believe #2 then the pigs are not near as destructive as people think.
                          4. If you don't believe #2 or #3 then explain if pigs are costing landowners millions and are multiplying like crazy why can't you find places to hunt them cheaper? Hint - It's mostly hype like ranchers saying prickly pear takes over their ranch and is hard to get rid of. I mean sure it does over the years if left unchecked but it's not that hard to fight back.

I've asked a few times why we can't have more places to process pigs. Or why we hunters can't sell them for cheap on a market that could go to feed people. Has to be pork lobby money or something. Sell free range organic lean pork at Sprouts and Natural food stores?? They all go crazy over organic everything else.

I can agree with a lot of this because in 30 years hunting the same land, 20 minutes west If Austin I have very few pigs and no problems. Lots of trail cam pictures from other people are proof there are certainly pockets of pigs in large numbers around the state but I know everyone isn’t suffering over population.
                          And it sure seems to me that a big rancher in south TX who was selling the butchered pigs in a store was one of the loudest voices against Warfrin when the state approved it. . I thought then, this deal ain’t that bad if some folks are profiting off of them.

Comment

If they can’t afford food how do you think they can afford to pay to hunt these hogs? As many as there are, you still don’t see anyone offering up free hog hunts.
                            +1

Comment

I do a bunch, but just because someone has a weapon, and a desire to kill, don’t mean I want them within 20 miles of me. Lol

No ranch is MAKING money on free range hogs, they are just absorbing cost of feed and damages. $300 won’t do $&@%.

I’ll go through a pallet in January & February in traps alone. All hogs trapped will be free to anyone who wants them!

Comment

Hunger in Texas? America? Y’all been to Walmart lately? We are the fattest nation on the planet. I volunteer at the local food pantry for my church. Every community has one. Free food, clothing, etc. Not only that you can buy pinto beans for pennys a pound. One gallon of milk $2.75. An entire loaf of bread for 88 cents. Food is abundant and cheap if not free in America. Give me a break. My wife is a school teacher. The kids that don’t have enough food have parents that are addicts. Somehow they afford their drugs.

Comment

Working...
                                X