Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

How would y’all handle this??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    I just wish I could have had one more Christmas with my Dad.

I invited just him to thanksgiving after a big falling out between me and his gf over some comments directed at my sister and new niece. Went over like a fart in a space suit. I love having him over and being around HIM but he’s not the same person anymore that raised me to be who I am. He deserves what he allows I guess. I’m in shock that he would date/associate with someone with no class. After all the preaching and talking to I got about finding someone that represents themselves and represents you well he’s doing the opposite.

Just left a bad taste in our mouths after trying to make it nice.

Comment

Make darn sure Dads GF hosts next year

Comment

I completely understand where you’re coming from and it is definitely a tough spot to be in. It’s pretty disheartening stuff like this happens, especially with adults. I wish I could tell you exactly how to make it right, but go with your gut instinct. Best of luck’.

Comment

Originally posted by TTUgrad08 View Post
          Make sure that you tell your GF she did an outstanding job and none of what transpired was her fault. Attempt a conversation with your father. Think long and hard before hosting again.

Do not let it ruin your Christmas Holliday.
          This is how I would handle it,things usually has a way of working them selves out.But make dang sure you let your lady know how great she did with everything.

Comment

How would y’all handle this??

I’d start snagging early easy lunches somewhere that require little effort on yalls end, therefore it feels forced y’all can bounce pretty easy and no ones left feeling unappreciated. I’d always leave an open door for them, but the hard work to try and appease them
            would come to a halt. Always amazes me what some men will put up with for some tail, I’ve seen many a men leave their children holding the ***t end of the stick for their new woman. Including men in mine and my wife’s family. I’ll never understand it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He is your dad. Hope for his health, support him if he needs it, be glad he is happy. Don’t invite the gf and her entitled children over again.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                I’ll start out by saying my dad is good as gold to my gf and I. He has a habit of being blinded by a pretty face and attention, he gets taken advantage of easily because he’s done well for himself and doesn’t want to be alone. He’s 62

My girlfriend is the type that likes to host, she puts in a ton of work to make everyone feel welcome and for everyone to have a good tome. We spent 4 hours cooking because it was agreed upon that we would do dinner at our house. Tonight at our family Christmas, he and his new girlfriend (16 years younger) came over to our home with her two sons who I have met a couple of times. The older one is ok and the younger one is not my style but probably not a bad kid. When they arrived they had failed to inform us that the boys (teenagers) were bringing their girlfriends and one of the girls friends. Usually not a big deal but we had a head count before hand and cooked a nice dinner for that number.

Secondly, they walked in said hi and walked straight to the couch where my dads gf and the two girls sat and talked in whispers while the two boys played on their phones. No one engaged in conversation with my gf or I except my dad. They seemed inconvenienced to be here to say the least, yet it was their idea to have Christmas here together. When it was time for dinner dads gf said I’m still full from breakfast and stayed on the couch while everyone else ate.

Promptly after gifts were exchanged she announced it was time to go as they had a long day the next day with her family and they filed outside. No thanks for having us, no kiss my ***, nothing. My dad kind of gave me a shrug like “well that’s my cue, time to go I guess”.

Brooklyn is upset because she put in a lot of work making our house look nice and with dinner and feels like it was all for nothing. She knows how this lady has acted in the past and that she shouldn’t expect too much from her, but I feel tonight was a slap in the face. I don’t know what to do, talks with dad haven’t helped a bit.
                You know, it's too bad that such a joyous occasion is treated so incredibly disrespectful, much less that you two were so disrespected.
                If I were you guys I'd blow it off.....pour a glass of wine......and toast to the fact that they aren't YOUR brats/problem and that they LEFT. Toast each other that you get to enjoy each others company on such a joyous and important occasion and your many blessings. (Plus you have a bunch of killer leftovers... 😉 )

We live in such a post modern narcissistic world nowadays. Way too many people are totally without any true degree of self awareness. You can bet they'll all be shocked to hear that they did a d@mn thing wrong. So don't let it affect YOUR reason for celebrating!

Those 2 brats are nothing more than a reflection of their upbringing. I hope your dad wakes up before its too late.
                Last edited by Slicefixer; 12-24-2020, 09:52 PM.

Comment

just because they have no manners doesn't mean you should respond likewise.
                  just let it go and forget it. Love does its part and does not demand a return favor. we have all played the fool one time or another

Comment

Originally posted by dosrobles View Post
                    He is your dad. Hope for his health, support him if he needs it, be glad he is happy. Don’t invite the gf and her entitled children over again.

I’m not sure he is happy, I think he just doesn’t want to be alone and he likes that she’s younger and prettier than the last one. Again, when it’s just us at the ranch or fishing everything is great, but when she’s around I always end up being the bad guy because I don’t allow her to talk and act inappropriately.

Comment

I would have walked outside and said thanks for coming over it will be your last. I know Dad would get ******, but that’s when the talk would get real.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        Thanks for coming folks! I'm glad we had this holiday gathering together! I hope you enjoyed it, because your rude asses won't be coming back! Falalalala....lalala.
                        My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Like folks said, you don’t have to be mean or mad about it. Just tell the truth. I had a sister that would call us every Christmas and inform us they were “running a little late” or “were getting a late start”. They got me twice on that line.
                          From then on I told them what time we’d be eating, and we ate at that time. When they arrived we’d already eaten and they got leftovers that had to be warmed up up. That was their choice not to get their arse up and get their on time. We have a special needs son and we’re not invited to some events, some we were. Never pizzed us off. We made the choice not to be pizzed off.
                          Don’t let people run reverse guilt trips on you. And don’t run em on others. Most of the time they don’t work. I think your dad should have been blowing your phone up wanting to apologize instead of pandering to a younger woman looking for a meal ticket

Comment

Family, whatcha gonna do........... just make the best of it and move on. Realize next time and expect it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              [emoji1365][emoji1603]

Don’t waste another breath on them, it would be a waste of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              This & tell Dad he is welcome anytime ALONE!

Comment

Make darn sure you let your GF know how much you appreciate her effort! Personally I'd leave well enough alone and just be glad I got to spend time with my dad. We his GF bails on him for the next dude with money you guys will sell have a good relationship with him and can then talk smack about her then!

Comment

Working...
                                X