No announcement yet.

Dang Rage broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely devastating to say the least... why I love them[emoji106] made a real short track on this old management 8 today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      So if I've killed 50 animals with Rage heads and no malfunctions how many do I have to kill to get one to malfunction?
      If I've shot 25,000 shots through my QAD ultra rest and it hasn't malfunctioned how many shots do I have to shoot to get that one?
      Can someone help me out with the math here?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
      That’s my point. Anyone that uses the argument against a mechanical head but uses a mechanical rest is hypocritical. Both have been proven.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
        So if I've killed 50 animals with Rage heads and no malfunctions how many do I have to kill to get one to malfunction?
        If I've shot 25,000 shots through my QAD ultra rest and it hasn't malfunctioned how many shots do I have to shoot to get that one?
        Can someone help me out with the math here?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
        I shoot both and have for the last 10ish years...prob double that many animals (not near that many shots through my QAD though) and not a single failure. I’m knocking on wood though.

Comment

I am convinced rage works better. I've shot fixed blade and then switched to mechanical since I started bowhunting in late 90's. I have never had an animal not be recovered with a rage and have had that with fixed blade. Arguably I am a better shot today than I was 10 yrs ago when I switched, but they work in my opinion. If a person has more confidence with a fixed shoot a fixed blade. I don't care (unless it is on my ranch and I almost insist people use rage there.) I do believe the mechanical malfunction of it opening in flight is due to improper maintenance or the head getting loose in the arrow.

Comment

Congrats on the deer. Nice buck

Comment

While y'all are pissin and moaning about a stupid broad head, it seems that everyone has overlooked a great deer being killed.

So let me be the second to congratulate you on a fine kill. Great job.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                While y'all are pissin and moaning about a stupid broad head, it seems that everyone has overlooked a great deer being killed.

Exactly what I was thinking! Great buck OP. Congrats

Comment

Nice buck right there.

Comment

Originally posted by jamenefee View Post
                    Congrats on the deer. Nice buck

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post

Haha I was getting a good kick out of the knuckle heads bickering about broadheads and rests

Comment

Thats a heck of a deer man, congrats !!!

Comment

Heck of a buck. Congrats!

Comment

I have nothing against Rage, I have one in my quiver now and shot a deer with one this year. I just don’t understand the hype.

My favorite head IQ a Muzzy 100g 4 blade. Ironically it has the exact same 2”of cutting surface as the Rage. So I did a test this year. I shot a doe facing my left at 19 yards with a Muzzy, 20 minutes later I shot a doe facing right and standing in the same spot as the first using a Rage. Luckily they ran opposite directions so the tracks did not cross.

While the Rage did more damage to the meat there was basically no difference in the blood trails. Both deer were recovered at approximately 50 yards

Entrances

Exits

Comment

Nice buck, you can have those Rage broadheads though!

PS: did you roll him around in the blood a few times before the picture?

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                                Haha I was getting a good kick out of the knuckle heads bickering about broadheads and rests

I got a kick out the guy that was digging against Rage haters by posting this thread. I’m not a Rage hater. I like ripping mechanical head haters that use a mechanical rest.

Comment

Working...
                                X