Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has your wife fallen back in love with you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations on having the balls to admit your wrongs and the fortitude to fight back to where you need to be.

Comment

It's time for a fresh start. Ask her out for a date this weekend and treat it like it is your first date. You know, the one where you are trying to impress her with your love and kindness but most of all that you are giving her all the attention to get to know her.

Comment

Took 3 yrs of couch time for me to get my anger issues and hair trigger under control...that was 24 years ago. Your wife is still with you and you accept the responsibility for the problems. Will she fall in love with you again? Only if you make her. Love rules without rules. Stay focused on the future, break routine, surprise yourself & her...love doesn't die, you must kill it. Stop trying to kill it and love lives. Nurture it and it thrives. The hard part is letting go of the past. G'luck.

Comment

Be a winner dammit, you know what it takes. I won’t apologize for being direct. Go win your wife back. It’s gonna be hard. You’re motivated now but what are you going to do a month from now if things stall? Keep grinding brother. You can do this. Go get it done.

Comment

I have suggestions or more or less leads/thoughts/ hopefully helpful but it’s taboo. Not in any sort of kinky way. Maps.org
            I’m reluctant to say that especially being a newcomer but the results from what I’ve read are promising.
            I wish the best for y’all. I hope y’all find that spark and turn it into burning passion.

Comment

Your relationship describes me to a t minus the inheritance and depression. It’s a bumpy rd to recovery/healing. I read this and reminds me of a time not long ago. Been together for 15yrs and married for 8. Like the comment above says “love is an action” and you are in control of your happiness. Best of luck to you and your SO. Not everyone can make it work but those that do will put in the work for a lifetime.

Comment

I would echo solid response already provided. Remember that there is no such thing as a fairytale marriage. I have been married to my wife for 29 years and we both have to put 100 percent into the marriage. Sounds like you are taking all of the right steps. Action is great, I guess our ancestors were right in recognizing that idle hands are the devils hands. I know that it is easy to get into your head if you have too much time to dwell on the negative. Building good habits and staying active. Talking to someone that can relate and/or with someone that can help you open up is good. I would say listen and talk to your wife and become her best friend. It sounds like to me that you both have something worth fighting for and you are both willing to putting in the hard work required to build a strong marriage. Don’t count out the small stuff, cook her some deer camp surprise for breakfast, help her around the house, take her for a date night where you can talk and listen to what is important to you all and your future. Kudos for being Man enough to share with the Texas Bowhunter family and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There isn't much that can be said that hasn't already been said. You are on the right path but you have to have the resolve to see this through. Mental health is is a huge part of not only married life but life in general. Over the years I have seen how it effects people and the decisions that they make. Having the strength to reach out for help, and actually accept that help, will aide you in accomplishing your quest. This thread has proven to be a confirmation of some things you already know it seems but, also a reminder to everyone that is reading it to take the time to work on these things. It is so easy for us to get caught up in everything else going on around us that we often forget about the part that matters most, our families. It's funny actually, I sit here typing this in response to a question that you asked but also see that this is a reminder to myself of some things I could work on.

Best of luck to you and your bride. May God bless you both.

Comment

Thank you all for the love and support you have given me. It was extremely tough to cast my demons on an open forum, but I am glad I did. Some of it is tough to read but that is why I came here. I needed to hear it.

Our story is unique and crossed paths even before we were born.

For instance, both of our parents met at the same bar in Daytona Beach. My family was from the area and her dad was a bartender there. Her mom came down for spring break and met him. My parents just so happened to meet at the same bar. I found this out a week into dating. My wife and myself met in Texas.....1000 miles away.

Years later I found out that her step father is from Medina, Oh. He just happened to be in the same school and same grade as my uncle.....and remembered him.

Things like this tell me that we are meant to be together. We love each other there is no doubt. I have just been so hard on her, that she resents me. I know I can change course on that through my actions.

One member mentioned becoming complacent and I could not agree more. One thing that I fear is falling back into my old ways of verbal destruction or relapsing back into depression. The last few days have been great. I have been motivated and love life again. This morning is no different. I woke up with a clear head and a positive attitude, ready to seize the day. I will continue to build on these days and they will turn into weeks, months and years. I know she loves me and wants to see it through if I can change. I will change. I have no other choice but to.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      I don’t have any advice. But I will pray for the both of you and may God guise both of your steps on the path he intends you to be on.
                      Thank you sir.

Comment

Praying for you both. You are taking steps to mend things and that is all you can do.

Godspeed!

Comment

I've watch God do some amazing work in my own marriage. Put him at the center of it and hold on.

Comment

You can do it hang in there. Ive been there before and had to do a 180 from the way I was living. Stay strong and work with her needs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

There is an author named Gary Chapman, that has written a book called the 5 love languages. Get this book and read it like your life depended on it. I was a sh*t bag at the beginning of my marriage, young dumb and stupid. Did some things im not proud of, and found my self in the same situation only I was in Iraq and my wife and 1 yr old son back here in the states. I turned to the only thing I knew could fix me and make me the person she fell in love with... GOD. I dont know if your a Christian but it sounds like you could use the big mans help. Now about the book READ it and apply it, find out what her love language is and see to it that you give at least 30 mins to an hr or more a day to take care of her love language. You have to want to do this and if you do which it sounds like you want to it will just become second nature. I teach my boys that their mother and one day their wife is like their queen. You treat them with respect, give them the time they deserve, open the door for them and provide for them. I have told them what my faults are so they can learn from my mistakes and the sins of the father do not follow the son. I am in no way shape or form even close to perfect but i live by the teachings i teach my boys and she has stayed with me for 16 yrs and counting and we are more in love now than ever before.

Prayers for your recovery and that God guides you down the path your supposed to be on, whether thats with her or not.

God Bless

Comment

I've heard some good things about the information in that book.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X