No announcement yet.

Anyone get drawn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only put in for one and didn't get drawn. Maybe next year. Pedernales SP annex. I just think I would enjoy that experience.

Comment

0 for 15 so far this year. Building up preference points where you start to begin getting picky on your selections. Kids were too old for youth hunts this year. Congrats to all that drew

Comment

Not yet.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
          Nothing here. had anywhere from 14 to 19 points.
          Seems like the cubing isn't working like i thought it would.

Comment

Matagorda Island, first time I drew anything at all for myself in 10+ years. Kiddo been on a bunch of hunts and wife on a couple

Comment

12/17 - 12/20 Santa Ana Wildlife Refuge (Teniente Tract). Hopefully the rut is in full effect and the weather is cooperates.

Comment

Originally posted by BarBBar View Post
                Seems like the cubing isn't working like i thought it would.
                I drew the ones I had a lot preference points for. I applied for a lot of hunts in each category though. I am not a trophy hunter so I am happy with a wide selection.

Comment

We got a Management Hunt at the Chap.

Comment

So far I have struck out across the board still have a few pending. Guess I burned my luck when I drew powderhorn last year. As big smith said it’s a great hunt got to share a skinning rack with him.

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
                      Only put in for one and didn't get drawn. Maybe next year. Pedernales SP annex. I just think I would enjoy that experience.
                      I applied for that one too.

Comment

2 spots pending 2nd draw so basically nothing for us unless some miracle happens. Either way we are blessed to have a few places to get some jerky and tamale meat

Comment

Lightning struck and I drew the Granger Lake epostcard hunt. I recently moved to Georgetown so I was hoping I'd get lucky. Now I've got some serious scouting to do. I've never been out there, just heard the stories.

Comment

I got a whole bunch pending second draw and four, not drawn.

But I did get an e-mail from TPW today, opened it and found I did get drawn for a hunt I probably should not have applied for, but did so anyway. I got picked for White Oak Creek WMA. The place sounds like something I would love to hunt, just a long ways away and I know absolutely nothing about it, other than it's close to Arkansas and Okiehoma. Then there are lots of trees, a creek and river that runs through it.

It would be a long drive to a area of the state, I have only driven through, one time, many years ago, when I was a kid. I have not been within 200 miles of that area of the state, since that one trip as a kid.
                            What is odd, is that was one of the few I applied for, that I only had one point for, and I got drawn. Me who never got drawn for over 20 years of applying. I guess very few people put in for that hunt.
                            Looking at pictures, maps, areal photos, and some videos, it looks very interesting. A long drive to only have three days to figure the place out, very seriously considering going.

Comment

Brother and I draw Javelina in S. Texas. I drew Mule deer in NM. Pending or received on everything else so far.

Comment

Not a thing for myself or son this year. Last year was the first time I entered my son, he drew san angelo either sex. I had false hope youth hunts were easier to draw. Going to see what I can find for him to hunt this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X