Active shooter or shooters in Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    I don't know what jet fuel tanks are made of, but I know what similar water tanks are made of, and none of those weapons were close to being able to breach them at ~700 yds, likely not at point blank, short of armor piercing stuff.
    I'm definitely not a ballistician, but curious what affect .308 AP ammo would have on those tanks , or the nearby fuel trucks

His vehicle was loaded with ammo, ammonium nitrate, and tannerite. Surprised he didn't park the car where it could have been easily shot at

Comment

Everyone has an opinion and they all smell like ****. My thoughts, is it not odd for a guy to send his girl to another country, wire her $100g's, and not have any good reason? She's gonna spill the beans before it's over. I doubt anyone else played a part. He was up to something whether it was religiously motivated or not, but the girl knows something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
        I'm definitely not a ballistician, but curious what affect .308 AP ammo would have on those tanks , or the nearby fuel trucks

His vehicle was loaded with ammo, ammonium nitrate, and tannerite. Surprised he didn't park the car where it could have been easily shot at
        The drugs were clouding his judgement.........from the get go!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
          I understand what you're saying, but, we are talking about a drug induced mental case here. Call it what you will, but no, he didn't "snap" like right now. Point is, maybe the NRA should start gathering medical records, if posssible.
          He was according to reports planning and stock piling almost 12 months ago.
          His prescription was reported in June.
          He was well into it at that point possibly.

Also all we've heard is he's been prescribed Valium for anti-anxiety.
          This is very open ended. It could have been a Psychiatrist which could be very important information. It could be just a general practitioner and it was a one time prescription. Dentist can even prescribe small doses of anti anxiety drugs including Valium prior to procedures. Just saying someone was prescribed Valium doesn't really mean a whole lot without more details.

But they have the details and it's easy to get as its all in the prescriber database.

Yes it's a drug for depression but also other uses and who was prescribing it and over what period of time is important information.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            I don't know what jet fuel tanks are made of, but I know what similar water tanks are made of, and none of those weapons were close to being able to breach them at ~700 yds, likely not at point blank, short of armor piercing stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            The article said one penetrated whatever that means.
            Don't these have outer and inner tanks?

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
              Everyone has an opinion and they all smell like ****. My thoughts, is it not odd for a guy to send his girl to another country, wire her $100g's, and not have any good reason? She's gonna spill the beans before it's over. I doubt anyone else played a part. He was up to something whether it was religiously motivated or not, but the girl knows something.
              lots of ?'s remain unanswered brother. Marilou told FBI agents that Paddock sent the money so her family could buy a house. As you already know , if the FBI digs deep enough, they will find the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
                He was according to reports planning and stock piling almost 12 months ago.
                His prescription was reported in June.
                He was well into it at that point possibly.

Also all we've heard is he's been prescribed Valium for anti-anxiety.
                This is very open ended. It could have been a Psychiatrist which could be very important information. It could be just a general practitioner and it was a one time prescription. Dentist can even prescribe small doses of anti anxiety drugs including Valium prior to procedures. Just saying someone was prescribed Valium doesn't really mean a whole lot without more details.

But they have the details and it's easy to get as its all in the prescriber database.

Yes it's a drug for depression but also other uses and who was prescribing it and over what period of time is important information.
                Yes, over what period of time is important. Thanks for the mini prescription lesson.

Comment

one thing that looks fishy to me is why did he bust the window in the second room and not in the main room. you'd have to go through the door and around to get the other angle when you could get the same angle with less movements ?

Comment

Here is what the Daily Mail story has on the prescription:

----
                    It was also revealed that Paddock was prescribed anti-anxiety medication Valium back in June, which has been linked to increased aggressive behavior in multiple studies.

Paddock was taking 10 milligram tablets at the time of the massacre, though it is not known why he was prescribed them or whether he had underlying behavioral issues.

-----

It's so hard to get actual facts instead of just pieces of information about anything with this guy.

So he was given a prescription in June.
                    That was a long time ago. Refills? Who knows.
                    But for some reason they assume or claim to know he was taking 10mg at the time of the shooting. What a very misleading and confusing report.

So basically it seems all is known (being released) is a prescription was written in June for Valium.

Comment

Way too many unknowns for any of us to make sense of this... Too many people taking WAGs as to why he did it and or formulating conspiracies. Don't know about the rest of you but I am glad he did not utilize his plane flying ability in his plan because he could have created a significantly bigger massacre than he did.
                      Last edited by Pedernal; 10-04-2017, 09:58 PM.

Comment

lots of ?'s remain unanswered brother. Marilou told FBI agents that Paddock sent the money so her family could buy a house. As you already know , if the FBI digs deep enough, they will find the truth.
                        Here is a neighbor report on Daily Mail:

Both Paddock and Danley disappeared from the home within a couple of weeks in August, Page said.

'I remember at the start of August looking out of my window and seeing Stephen pull up in a brand new huge silver minivan,' she explained.

'But just a few days later he left the house in it and was never seen again.'

She continued: 'I thought the whole situation was even weirder when two weeks later I then look out of my window again to see Marilou stuffing her car full of all her belongings.

'Over the course of three or four days it was like she was moving her entire life out of the house. She packed so much stuff not only was her car full, but it was also tied to the top of her car.

'After a few days of packing she too pulled out of the driveway and was never seen again.

'It was all very strange.'

Comment

Those are some of the neatest stacked magazines ive ever seen........75 minutes to breach.......only fired 9 to 12 minutes.........did he run out of ammo and restack all those mags?

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
                            Here is a neighbor report on Daily Mail:

Both Paddock and Danley disappeared from the home within a couple of weeks in August, Page said.

'I remember at the start of August looking out of my window and seeing Stephen pull up in a brand new huge silver minivan,' she explained.

'But just a few days later he left the house in it and was never seen again.'

She continued: 'I thought the whole situation was even weirder when two weeks later I then look out of my window again to see Marilou stuffing her car full of all her belongings.

'Over the course of three or four days it was like she was moving her entire life out of the house. She packed so much stuff not only was her car full, but it was also tied to the top of her car.

'After a few days of packing she too pulled out of the driveway and was never seen again.

'It was all very strange.'

Criminals are never very smart. Shes got a cold cell waiting for her someone right now as we speak.

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
                              one thing that looks fishy to me is why did he bust the window in the second room and not in the main room. you'd have to go through the door and around to get the other angle when you could get the same angle with less movements ?
                              When you have 2 open windows it creates a constant draft and circulation of air. This would help clear the smoke from so much gunfire. Ironically the smoke activated the alarms and gave away his location

Originally posted by Turtlewax View Post
                              Those are some of the neatest stacked magazines ive ever seen........75 minutes to breach.......only fired 9 to 12 minutes.........did he run out of ammo and restack all those mags?
                              timeline per Sheriff

-10:05 first shots fired by Paddock
                              -10:12 first two officers arrived on the 31st floor and said gunfire is coming from directly above them
                              -10:15 last shots fired per body cam
                              10:17 first two officers arrive on 32nd floor
                              10:18 security guard tells cops he was shot and gives exact location
                              10:26-10:30 - 8 more officers arrive on 32nd floor. clear rooms
                              11:20 - first breach, Paddock was down on the ground (dead)
                              11:27 - second breach. No other people seen in the room

It is believed the security guard entered the long hallway around 10 minutes into Paddock firing. He initially tried entering the hallway from the nearby stairwell but it was barricaded. Paddock is alerted via his surveillance camera positioned on the food cart. Opens fire in a hail of bullets through the door wounding the security guard. There were no other reports of shots fired after Paddocks encounter with the SG. Police believe Paddock killed himself shortly thereafter. IMO, the security guard likely saved many more lives
                              Last edited by Cajun Blake; 10-04-2017, 10:16 PM.

Comment

When you have 2 open windows it creates a constant draft and circulation of air. This would help clear the smoke from so much gunfire. Ironically the smoke activated the alarms and gave away his location
                                Naw. Isolation from the main room. Seems tactical.

Comment

Working...
                                X