Lost bird.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost bird.

This dude is loud. He has been in yard for last two days. Gotta be someone’s pet . He will sit about 15 feet up and when we talk to him he pays attention. Figure some folks on here will have advice. How to get him to come down or do we just leave him alone.
    Attached Files

Put on a pirate outfit and he should fly right down and land on your shoulder.

Maybe put a picture of it on Facebook and ask if it belongs to anyone. That's all I'd know to do.

Comment

There are or were a bunch of wild parrots in Galveston and parts of Kemah and San Leon. Invasive species and make nests in power lines.
      Attached Files

Comment

He is sitting in the house now. Anyone have these. What should we do to locate the owner. Dog kennel if he will go in. What to feed

Comment

Here he is in living room
          Attached Files

Comment

Good luck with that.

Comment

It’s got a band on its arm. Likes grapes

Comment

That cat in the background is hilarious!!

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  He is sitting in the house now. Anyone have these. What should we do to locate the owner. Dog kennel if he will go in. What to feed

Unfortunately you’ll likely never find an owner. Often times these birds outlive their owners or become a nuisance and folks just turn them loose. If it’s annoying you and he won’t just come to you you can always contact animal control and see if they’ll actually come out. Or post on a social media site for parrot rescue in your area that he’s available to come “rescue”. They’ll usually do the work behind trying to locate an owner or find him/her a home. His beak looks long so I don’t think he’s young.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

feed him raw seeds such as sunflower or pumpkin seeds. That's pretty dang cool!
                    Might put him up on the book of faces if you have an account... or at least get on and do a search for a lost bird... SOMEBODY got to be looking for that sucker!

Comment

That cat wants to play with it. It's staring that sucker down.

Comment

Beautiful bird. They require a lot of food, seeds, fruit, grapes, bananas, etc... daily. He is probably hungry and that can make them ornery a little. Needs clean water also.
                        Great find.

Comment

That’s a barn cat that does sit around usually. It is very tame. Will get on arm. Called a military Macaw

Comment

I did that same thing years ago. Ex wife wanted to keep him. I was working nights at the time and I hated that loud critter! Major pain in the butt! Ended up giving him to somebody that was into birds.

Comment

I use to dove hunt just north of the Beltway and Mykawa Rd. Just North of Clear Creek. We Had a hunter that shot a banded parrot. He happened to be a Taxidermist and he mounted it.

Comment

Working...
                              X