BOG death grip vs PIG saddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    PM me what you have and what you want for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pm sent.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Just bought the bog for my daughter and it does everything that I need

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
        For $400 don’t even think about it. The Leofoto LS-364c is on sale today for $263, and a LH-40 head can be had for $120ish. That tripod is easily double the pig.

I have no idea what you just said or where to look at it, lol.

Comment

I have no idea what you just said or where to look at it, lol.

Sorry I was a few whiskeys deep last night haha The Leofoto LS-364C, which is an amazing tripod, was on Amazon for $263 last night. Easily worth double that.

Comment

For $400 don’t even think about it. The Leofoto LS-364c is on sale today for $263, and a LH-40 head can be had for $120ish. That tripod is easily double the pig.
            The pig is only 130.00 plus whatever head you choose, so it’s a bit closer to the bog pod.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
              The pig is only 130.00 plus whatever head you choose, so it’s a bit closer to the bog pod.

I would go with:

Pig0311 Tripod - $138
              Pig Saddle - $130
              Aoka 44mm Ball Head Amazon - $80

This will be a great set up and is exactly what I run. I have arca plates for spotting scope, binocs, ARs, Bolt Action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

On his first post he said the Pig was $400ish. That’s what I based my comments off of. I haven’t bought or priced them.

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
                  I would go with:

Pig0311 Tripod - $138
                  Pig Saddle - $130
                  Aoka 44mm Ball Head Amazon - $80

This will be a great set up and is exactly what I run. I have arca plates for spotting scope, binocs, ARs, Bolt Action.

Thanks for this. I already have the saddle, but I've been meaning to get a new tripod? Is it still functional with no ball head?

Comment

I have a setup similar to the pig saddle and have used the bog. For use in a blind, the death grip will be fine. The biggest benefit of the pig saddle is you can get a lighter tripod and the pan/tilt is a bit smoother due to the ball head. I’d say the death grip is actually a bit easier to set up quickly than most carbon fiber tripods that I’ve seen.

If you have time to wait- amazon sometimes have the death grip for about $100 due to box damage.

This is my bipod setup vs the deathgrip.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by texaspyro21; 11-28-2020, 01:37 PM.

Comment

On his first post he said the Pig was $400ish. That’s what I based my comments off of. I haven’t bought or priced them.

That was buying the saddle, ball head and tripod from them.

The saddle alone is $130’ish. My concern is whether the tripods I have are sturdy enough. They aren’t very robust at all.

Comment

The saddle alone is $130’ish. My concern is whether the tripods I have are sturdy enough. They aren’t very robust at all.

I have a pig saddle on a cheap tripod. The cheap tripod makes it nearly worthless. The pig saddle is great, though.

Comment

Yes sir, and with the LS-364 and a LH 40 ball head you’d be all in right at $400. That was my point, which the LS is head and shoulders above the Pig, Reaper, etc. The one downside is you’d need arca rails for any rifle you plan to run it on, but you can get them from cheap to expensive.

Comment

Pig with an Arca Swiss mounted on a ball head, then Arca Swiss plates on guns, camera, spotting scopes.
                            I'm converting some of my rifles to ARCA. I really like it for most applications. It is not comfortable to carry in your hands long term though. It's like carrying a sharp cut 2x4. Short distances, swapping binos and rifles off tripods, i love it. Especially with a 3 position lever clamp. It's nice and quick.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                              Thanks for this. I already have the saddle, but I've been meaning to get a new tripod? Is it still functional with no ball head?

You will only have left and right motion from the tripod. You will have no vertical pan ability. I would say it would not be functional without ballhead.

I will be upgrading my cheap ball head soon. If you are interested in it.

Comment

I just attached the deathgrip ultralight head to the professional camera Bog accessory to my HD tripod. it worked very well and was easy to make adjustments compared to the original deathgrip. I have not used a Pig Saddle, but I think I am on the same trail as it with the way I attached to my shooting sticks. maybe even quicker as the professional camera mount is trigger adjustable in several directions with one squeeze of the trigger.
                                Below are the links to the components.
                                and this set up is way lighter than even the carbon fiber deathgrip.

Last edited by ar3731guy; 11-28-2020, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X