Please don’t drink and drive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad no body was hurt Jason.

If a person has ever seen what happens to a human in a DD car wreck first hand, where someone is killed, still inside the vehical, you'll have second thoughts about ever driving while buzzed or intoxicated again. I praise our first responders for what they have to go through. I've seen a few in my lifetime. Even had one coworker killed that should not have been an open casket funeral for the 18yoa girl who just had her B-day 2 weeks before. She was a new unmarried mom too. Baby's Daddy went to jail for it.

Intoxicated or "Buzzed" driving does nothing but cause people grief.

Comment

Glad you and the family were not harmed

What is it with police not wanting to pursue charges for driving while impaired?

I followed a guy one morning about 2mo ago while on phone with dispatcher. Person was almost involved in a couple of wrecks but luckily managed to make it to a convenience store. Cops showed up, talked to him briefly and let me know someone was coming to get the guy.
      I won't waste any more time calling one in. Don't know if they couldn't or just didn't want to mess with it for whatever reason

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

What is it with police not wanting to pursue charges for driving while impaired?

I followed a guy one morning about 2mo ago while on phone with dispatcher. Person was almost involved in a couple of wrecks but luckily managed to make it to a convenience store. Cops showed up, talked to him briefly and let me know someone was coming to get the guy.
        I won't waste any more time calling one in. Don't know if they couldn't or just didn't want to mess with it for whatever reason
        I wouldn't give up on reporting a DD, you never know what life you might save. Even if the don't arrest the driver.

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
          I wouldn't give up on reporting a DD, you never know what life you might save. Even if the don't arrest the driver.
          This ^^^^

Comment

Jason I have one of the Harbor Freight gas powered post hole digger, it works. This past year I drilled 26 post holes in this black clay. You are welcome to use it if you need it.

Comment

Glad he didn't hit your house.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad it wasn’t anything more than your fence bud hope the man gets help as well

Comment

There was an accident close to us a few days ago. Involved several people from our town. Driver, not sure he was drunk but he usually was, even at 10 in the morning, hit a car head on. He wasn’t hurt much at all. Other vehicle had mom, dad and a child in it. Both parents were killed, kid is supposed to be ok. Once the driver that caused the wreck saw the results, he went back to his pick up and shot himself right there on the scene.

Horrible situation all the way around for all involved.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

Don't know if they couldn't or just didn't want to mess with it for whatever reason
                    I think technically they or someone have to witness them driving. I didn’t see him driving, just saw the aftermath.

His buddy said that they were drinking earlier in the day, but I didn’t dig into the time and how much. There weren’t any open containers in the car and the pd or I didn’t smell alcohol.

Anyone can fail a field sobriety test, but I think the pd knew his mh history and didn’t push the dwi issue.

Brushtrooper I appreciate the offer and I’ll take you up on if if the buddy contractor doesn’t come though.

I’m going to call him tomorrow and see how dedicated he is to fixing his mistake and see if he really meant what he said.

Either way I’ve got some work to do tomorrow, but I’ll post an update and hopefully get some closure!

Thanks again!

Jason Slocum

Comment

Sounds like the buddy is an enabler.

Comment

Looks like a tbh sticker on the truck

Comment

I’ve been around the after effects way too many times. Glad it was just property damages. I have never been one to turn a blind eye to a drunk driver. Guys working for me know if I find out they did that would be looking for a new home. One of the only crimes that many times the victim is 100% innocent and using good judgement

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                            Looks like a tbh sticker on the truck
                            Nah.... that says Cowboys. Driver probably was preparing for the Thanksgiving debacle.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Slocum View Post
                              I think technically they or someone have to witness them driving. I didn’t see him driving, just saw the aftermath.

His buddy said that they were drinking earlier in the day, but I didn’t dig into the time and how much. There weren’t any open containers in the car and the pd or I didn’t smell alcohol.

Anyone can fail a field sobriety test, but I think the pd knew his mh history and didn’t push the dwi issue.

Brushtrooper I appreciate the offer and I’ll take you up on if if the buddy contractor doesn’t come though.

I’m going to call him tomorrow and see how dedicated he is to fixing his mistake and see if he really meant what he said.

Either way I’ve got some work to do tomorrow, but I’ll post an update and hopefully get some closure!

Thanks again!

Jason Slocum
                              There is no requirement to witness a person driving. There only needs to be evidence to show who the driver was.

The easiest way is to have an eye witness point to the guy and tell the police who was driving. I have been involved in several cases where someone was not on scene to point out who the driver was but the DA prosecuted.

Sometimes that evidence may not exist but sometimes it might be an excuse to avoid 3 or more hours of paperwork.

If there was an eye witness requirement, many people who have been convicted of causing fatal accidents would not have been charged to begin with due to no witnesses.

Comment

Dang man, glad the only thing that got hurt was your fence. Could have been real bad news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X