No announcement yet.

Sam Houston NF 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunted the past three days. Lots of new rubs and scapes. Couple of nice bucks brought into hunters camp sunday and monday night. One doe was also brought and a buck chasing her. Looks like rut just started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I will be hunting tomorrow for an all day sit. Hopefully it won't last that long. Me and my buddy some how each managed to get a doe tag this year. Wish we had a little cooler weather but it's the Sam. Just need to be patient and have a little luck. Hopefully all goes well.

Wish everyone good luck.

Comment

We will bump this up. Only saw 4 when I hunted. 1 unknown walking thru heavy cover 2 youngsters and a very small doe going full blast by me. Nothing on her tail. On my way out I found another honey hole it looks like. Rubs and scrapes and dirt trails. It wont be easy to hunt and it's very hard to get to, but if I can get a good tall tree it will pay off. May wait until around Christmas to get back in there. Good luck!

Comment

I'll be headed out tomorrow to pull a cam and formulate a plan for an evening hunt. I might try to get into one of my "close" to the road spots in the early morning.

Comment

To the guy who I walked up on this morning, sorry man!

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
              I'll be headed out tomorrow to pull a cam and formulate a plan for an evening hunt. I might try to get into one of my "close" to the road spots in the early morning.

Is that such a thing? I need to look around more

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                Forgot to post on here. Got a doe this last weekend. Those swackers don’t play around.

Nice. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigblue25 View Post
                  I just got my cameras stolen yesterday, people think they own the forest

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
                  That is very ballsy whoever did it!

Comment

You’re*

Comment

Crazy the season is just about wrapped up and we only have 4 pages filled. Look at years past and see how long those threads were.

Comment

Was out there all of yesterday afternoon. Nothing moving at all

Comment

Pot licking at its finest sitting till dark. Nothing in plan A this morning

Comment

Since this thread has been so slow here is a "near" SHNF report.

I hunt the Sam often and I have access to a small piece of private land not too far away. Last Friday, Dec. 4th we had a huge amount of activity on our spypoint cameras in the morning so I packed up the computer (working from home) and finished out my day in the field. Got lucky and this guy came along just before dark. Its not public but has not been easy, it took nearly 10 years on this piece of land to get my first decent buck.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RobertT84 View Post

I hunt the Sam often and I have access to a small piece of private land not too far away. Last Friday, Dec. 4th we had a huge amount of activity on our spypoint cameras in the morning so I packed up the computer (working from home) and finished out my day in the field. Got lucky and this guy came along just before dark. Its not public but has not been easy, it took nearly 10 years on this piece of land to get my first decent buck.
                              Nice! Good mass on that deer too.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertT84 View Post

Dang, nice buck.

Comment

Working...
                                X