Cataracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cataracts

Just returned from my eye appointment. Dr says it's time to have my cataracts removed. I've got a consultation set up with the surgeon in January. Who else has been through this?

Both eyes one of the best things I have done. Did not do them at the same time but about a year apart. Worst part is the drops after the procedure for me. The actual process was a piece of cake.

Comment

Drops for weeks after is the worst

Comment

Yep drops for weeks after is a pain

Comment

Doc says I have a baby one in my left eye and won’t be ready for harvest until age 67. Wife is 14 years younger than me and has em in both eyes! Go figure

Comment

Originally posted by brutus View Post
            Both eyes one of the best things I have done. Did not do them at the same time but about a year apart. Worst part is the drops after the procedure for me. The actual process was a piece of cake.
            This. I can't remember but i think did both at once. Opened up a whole new world.

BUT, do your research on your doctor. I know of one person that had the same surgery at the same facility i did, but different doctor. Her result was not nearly as good as mine. Just sayin'

Comment

One of the best things I ever did with my eyes. Did both a couple of weeks apart. Before the surgery, I was extremely nearsighted. My Doctor inserted a lens that moved my focal point out so that I can now read and use a computer without glasses. I do still need glasses for distance (you don’t want me driving without glasses).

Comment

Had one eye done at 42 the other a couple years later. Like others said research the doctor. Drops are a pain but only temporary. I was very nearsighted before surgery, after distant was 20/20 and I only needed reading glasses. The surgery does make you a little more prone to getting a detached retina which I did in one eye. If that happens don’t go for the easy fix. I did the most intrusive, band around the eye and it has worked for almost 20 years.

Comment

Had mine done when I was 25 or so. I was having a hard time passing my drivers test so had it done. Had then done a week apart. Definitely research your dr. I upgraded my lenses and supposed to have a high percentage of not needed glasses to read. I can see distance good just have to have readers for computer and reading.
                  Also research to make sure all dr’s are in network. I got a $2,000 bill later.

Comment

Had absolutely no idea that you can get a lease upgrade. That’s crazy.

Comment

I had mine done a month apart 8 years ago. Was nothing to it. 20 minute procedure for each eye. I didn't have to use any drops after either. I had worn glasses ever since second grade and can see better now than before even with glasses.
                      Talk with your eye doctor and get a recommendation from him on who to do your surgery.

Comment

I'm using the Doctor recommended by my eye doctor. He recommended that his parents use this doctor. Also, my wife used him when she had hers done about 7 years ago.

Comment

Been 2 months. Best ever. I went with these. Pricey but no glasses.
                          Discover the options for intraocular lenses (IOLs) for cataract surgery. Choose the right lens to improve your vision and reduce dependency on glasses.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by coker737; 11-26-2020, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Had both done a few weeks apart...No pain/ minor discomfort/See great again at distance and pass DL test. only need cheaters to read But was told to expect that...Would do again .. Drops in Eyes before and after was the only issue (just remember and do) Mine was done by Berkley 4-5y ago

Comment

My wife had both done about a year ago, a week apart. Huge difference for her! My optometrist buddy told me some things about it all. Years ago you looked for the surgeon with the steadiest hands. Today, you find a guy who's able to flip a switch. Modern lasers and computers allow for a simple, safe operation. He also said that if you have diabetes like my wife, he recommended not getting the fancy lens that doesn't require you to wear glasses. Reason being that if you ever develop diabetic retinopathy there will be absolutely nothing they can do to help you. If you go with the single focus lens and then develop DR, there are some things they can do to help.

Comment

Working...
                              X