No announcement yet.

2020 Austin/Colorado/Fayette/Washington Counties Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had a buck chase a doe around the house and front pasture for 5 mins. It’s definitely starting here in Cat Spring. We’ve had about 4-5 different bucks show up over the last 2 weeks.

Comment

Good to hear.

Comment

Any Colorado county updates? Seems our mature bucks are getting more skiddish and camera shy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
          Any Colorado county updates? Seems our mature bucks are getting more skiddish and camera shy.

Complete opposite for me. Theyre nocturnal but plenty new, more mature, bucks showing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Lots of new bucks showing up

Comment

I have a lot of young bucks running around with their necks stretched out and their lips curled on the trail of every doe in sight, but not many of the doe are showing signs (on camera anyways) of cooperating yet. My son and I had one good looking buck chasing doe back and forth through the oaks on the creek last weekend, but he never would come up out of the bottom so that I could get a better look at him. Other than that, I'm awaiting the yearly "rut travel" up and down the creek to start and bring some different bucks through on their search for an open doe. I usually see them coming through the middle of December and on into the New Year

We are kid free this weekend, so my wife is gonna be behind the trigger after her first buck...I sure would like to have one of those late moving mature bucks show up a little earlier this year

Comment

Knocked this one down 2 weeks ago. They are rutting like crazy. He scored 151 6/8

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
                  Knocked this one down 2 weeks ago. They are rutting like crazy. He scored 151 6/8

Pic didn’t work

Comment

Just get back to the farm from running in to LaGrange and my target buck was chasing a hot doe in my yard. At least I know he will be in the area and a hot doe will be in the area in the morning. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by buzzbait View Post
                      Lots of new bucks showing up

We’ve seen some new ones, too. Got a pretty 10 that rolled through this week. Hope he hung around. But we have a nice tall 8pt that is has eaten breakfast like clockwork every morning this week. My 11 yr old son has asked for the chair tomorrow am.

Comment

I’m sure the war zone in the morning will change some patterns

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                          Pic didn’t work

Comment

What a cool looking buck! Congrats. We seem to have a lot of weird racks at our place. Very rarely have I seen a symmetrical rack.

Comment

That is for sure a unique, neat looking buck...congratulations!

Comment

Better late than never. Great looking buck. Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                                X