Greenworks Trimmer Bump Feed Issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greenworks Trimmer Bump Feed Issue?

I know we've talked about their pole saws on here before, but does anyone also have one of their trimmers? I've had one of their 60V models since last summer, and the bump feed mechanism just doesn't seem to work well. It functioned fairly well at first, but then gradually got worse and doesn't work at all now. The bump knob gets stuck in the depressed position and won't advance the line. Spring is still good and no warping of parts. I've been in touch with the company and they sent a replacement bump knob and spool. It works a little, but not real well. It even got stuck on the first use like the previous one did. I've found a few reviews online with others having the same issue, seems it may be a design flaw that the company won't acknowledge.

Has anyone had experience with this machine or even a similar issue with a trimmer bump feed, and found a fix?

Mine has always acted the same way. I just deal with it. On the plus side, you use way less weed eater string. I’ve gone an entire year(so far) on the first pre-strung feel that came with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the same problem with the Ryobi. Hasn't worked well since I bought it. I just deal with it.

Comment

I have the 80V and have a little trouble but no more than some of the other brands. I also have the 80V blower and pole saw and they are great.

Comment

Hmm, well this isn't encouraging!

I've had a Bolens and Husqvarna, and never had this kind of trouble with either of those.

Comment

Can you change the head for a different style?

I have no experience with the electric ones. I have a couple of the gas Echo units, and I swapped the head to use pre-cut string Like this: https://www.grainger.com/product/ECH...200427214714:s

Not sure if heads are in any way compatible, or if the manufacturer offers a similar design.

I've never had any luck with the bump feed heads, on any trimmer.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
              Can you change the head for a different style
              Thanks for the suggestion. That's what I was thinking my next option might have to be.

Comment

Working...
              X