So have you??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So have you??

As I was sitting in the woods tonight, staring at a doe standing broadside at 24 yards...just BEGGING me to sling an arrow through her....I started thinking. Yep...worst thing I do these days....annnywho, I started thinking of all the reasons not to shoot her:
    1. She is small, won’t hardly be any meat
    2. I’m really after a buck (for meat and the wall)
    3. I can always shoot a doe later
    4. Wonder if I have a knife...
    5. Sure am comfortable in this chair...

Any of you do this?? Any regrets? Any success/reward for passing?

If I'm planning on hunting the following weekend I wouldn't have shot unless it was a big deer.

I like to ice for a week and then process the following weekend and shooting a deer would mess up my next hunt.

Comment

Definitely had the same internal debate

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
        If I'm planning on hunting the following weekend I wouldn't have shot unless it was a big deer.

I like to ice for a week and then process the following weekend and shooting a deer would mess up my next hunt.
        Interesting...I should be more self sustaining like that....

Comment

Not me. I fling arrows.

Comment

I talk myself out of shooting one and then as soon as it walks off I regret letting it go!

Comment

Opening weekend I had a doe, big fawn and a small 8 all come by together

Doe was close enough to fling an arrow at but she looked thin so I decided to wait for a fatter one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a doe with a yearling come out. The doe walked right under my ladder stand and I could have shot her multiple times.
                The main thing that went through my mind was that as bad as the mosquitoes were, would I survive tracking her or would someone find my shriveled up body later.

Comment

Currently dealing with a "doe invasion" down at my lease so it would've been venison in the freezer for me.

Comment

I do this on bucks all the time and then later in the season say I should have shot that deer with my bow when the rifle hunters next door kills him at 2 or 3 years old,

Comment

The only time I've wished I had shot a doe, was one time I saw one that was limping pretty bad. She probably made it out fine, but looked like she'd been hit by a car. Thought about putting her out of her misery, but I didn't.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope. Most the time I shoot a doe cause we have to. Other than that I'd rather not jack with them.

Comment

Everytime

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                            I do this on bucks all the time and then later in the season say I should have shot that deer with my bow when the rifle hunters next door kills him at 2 or 3 years old,

Yup, agree with you on this .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I tend to shoot one when my son is in town.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X