Axis Deer Range in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axis Deer Range in Texas

What areas are big hot spots for free range axis?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sonora to Comfort

Comment

Pretty much any hill country town with a creek or river between Boerne and Junction. We are covered up in them here in Kendall co.

Comment

We are starting to see them in Fredericksburg

Comment

I've seen a herd as far north as Voss.

Comment

Free roamers all over but most will be concentrated along waterways.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

speck1 did a good job with his circle thingy

they are spotty in Llano county.

There is a herd close to town, and another that free ranges on and (mostly) off of our ranch, which is between Llano and Fred.

Lots around our lease in Junction, but not too many on it.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                Pretty much any hill country town with a creek or river between Boerne and Junction. We are covered up in them here in Kendall co.
                I sent you a PM before reading this.lol How is the whitetail hunting with all the Axis around?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I probably would add concan to that list

Comment

I might move Speck1's eastern boundary over to 281. They're around Blanco, and south down the west side of 281

Comment

It’s funny we are minutes outside of Rocksprings and have almost no axis. This is off of hwy 55 going towards Sonora. We are covered up in white tail though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of places have transient or isolated herds. I’ve seen them around Llano Mason liberty Hill Menard Fort McKavett and Brady but I believe they are mostly established (hot spots) in Sutton, Kendall, Kerr, Kimble, Real, and Edwards counties.
                        Whenever I drive through Rocksprings and Sonora I tend to see way more axis than whitetail.

Comment

This is a great question - And, Johnny, I don't mean to threadjack you but it brings up something I don't know the answer to.

Does anyone have a general map or image that denotes the 'areas' of texas? Like hill country, pineywoods, etc? I hear the terminology a lot, but I'm a transplant.

Comment

Originally posted by LiftAndShoot View Post
                            This is a great question - And, Johnny, I don't mean to threadjack you but it brings up something I don't know the answer to.

Does anyone have a general map or image that denotes the 'areas' of texas? Like hill country, pineywoods, etc? I hear the terminology a lot, but I'm a transplant.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X