Weather/Weatherman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather/Weatherman

Question, not bashing, is it really that hard to predict rain, checked KBTX forecast, no rain mentioned for 4 days, weather.com same forecast, weather app, same forecast, cut hay yesterday, no rain forecasted until Sunday, last night storms gather up out west, roll through and we get 1 1/2” of rain, I cant grasp with all the technology we have today that the forecast could be that off.

Read this: https://www.google.com/amp/s/gizmodo...1785465340/amp

Comment

Yes it is. Deal with it or go to college get a PHD in Meteorology and do a better job.

Comment

Mother nature has more experience, and less give a dam

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
          Yes it is. Deal with it or go to college get a PHD in Meteorology and do a better job.
          Ouch! Man it must be hailing in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
            Easy Al Roker, get you a snickers bar, everything is going to be ok, I did not mean anything personal.

Comment

Originally posted by redfishted View Post
              Easy Al Roker, get you a snickers bar, everything is going to be ok, I did not mean anything personal.
              LOL, that came out a lot harsher than I intended. I have to hear my dad complain about this every day and it gets old.

Weather forecasting has came a long ways in the last 30 years but it is still just making guesses based on weather balloon data.

Could you imagine having to plan cutting your hay just by looking at the sky?

Comment

I’m glad I parked my load of square bales under the barn last night instead of in my driveway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The only person in a newscast that can get it wrong and still keep their job!

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcanman View Post
                    The only person in a newscast that can get it wrong and still keep their job!
                    I don’t know from what I hear they are getting quite a bit wrong on CNN and MSNBC.

Comment

Go to Denver. They forecast mid 50's then you get there and it's 29 and snowing. They must have a real difficult time with the mountains as they regularly updated the forecast when I was there a few weeks ago.

Comment

yeah the weather is hard to predict we mowed last Wednesday and tethered Thursday afternoon and it was barely good on Saturday but lucky we did, it raining all day on Sunday. We end up making 38 bales on 14 acres of coastal / Johnson grass mix

Comment

Our local weather folks have stopped putting 0% chance. They always put and 10 or 20% chance just to cover themselves lol

Comment

Yall need to read this so you understand what the percentages actually mean

Comment

Look up an app and a website called Windy.com. You can compare 3-4 different forecast models. It's sometimes comical how far apart they are.

Comment

Working...
                              X