New to TBH/Lake Georgetown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to TBH/Lake Georgetown

Hello everyone, I am new to TBH and am going to be hunting Lake Georgetown this year. I am really excited and cannot wait for the season to get here! I have a couple of questions I was hoping to get some insight on...
    1. some of my buddies and i have been debating back and forth about using a pop-up ground blind or hang on stand with climbing sticks out there...thoughts???
    2. I was thinking that i would just take the boat to the area I would like to hunt but i remembered that the ramps dont open until 6. so after parking the truck cruising across the lake and sneaking up to my blind/stand it could very easily be 7 or 730...thoughts there as well?

thanks for everyones input! look forward to hearing from yall!!!

welcome

Comment

Welcome to the fire, Gtown should be a fun hunt I've never hunted out there but my cuz has shot several good bucks over the years

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome and good luck out there.

Comment

Welcome to the fire...

Comment

welcome

Comment

Lock it all down! There is stuff stolen all the time. I use a hang-on and sticks and secure with a cable lock. Popup, put cable thru window. Good deer there. Do not know about boats. Ask riverrat1. He uses a boat.

Comment

Thanks Snipe! great advice! were you at the shoot 2 weeks ago?

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to your newest addiction, there are lots of great folks on here!

Comment

welcome !!!

Comment

Welcome

Comment

I went on Saturday and shot a 96. I hunt cedar hollow area.

Comment

We hunted there and stayed at the campgrounds. We parked the boat at the shoreline and left in the dark. Traveled by moonlight or spotlight. Worked out great! We shot a few deer over the years, seen some pretty big ones. Hope this helps. The rangers worked pretty well with us, no problems. Good Luck!!

Comment

Working...
                              X