.280 remington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.280 remington

Anyone shoot this caliber? What do you like or dislike about it? Thinking of building one.

I have owned one for almost 20 years and i love it. Mine is a browning a-bolt and will reach out and touch something. I have made shots out to 300 yards and been dead on the money. My only complaint would be that years ago finding shells was now easy now i am shooting 150 grain ballistic tip hand loads and have not had any complaints.

Comment

Quik Q - do you reload ??

if so, go with the 280 Ackley Improved .... it's a no-brainer

280 AI velocities are real close to the 7mm Mag yet with 10% less powder , and less felt recoil

Comment

I've had a Ruger for about 10 years and I love it.

Comment

I have a 280 AI that I built a little over 3 years ago. It is one of my favorite guns. BTW, if you don't reload Nosler makes ammunition for this caliber. Not a big fan of the Accubond however they do fly straight.

Comment

Excellent trajectory with a little more punch than .270 win-I've read this often.

Comment

I've been shooting it for years and love it. I've got a brand new Thompson Center Encore in .280 that hasn't tasted blood yet. I started shooting it because it was unique and nobody else that I knew of shot it. It's worked flawlessly for me. Killed the antelope in my avatar with a .280, along with dozens of deer and hogs.

Comment

It's a great round. I'm a big fan of the .284 bullet – particularly the .280 and 7mm-08. I have a custom .280 from Remington. Killed a caribou at 330 yards with it and several nice whitetails. I don’t shoot it anymore because I only bow hunt. Mine shoots extremely tight and I never plan to part with it.

Comment

If your building it, go with the 280 ackley improved. I love mine. The rest of my rifles are jealous of it. It's the only one I take to go hunting. The recoil is very managable, softer kick than a 30-06, with the range of a 7 mag. Go for it !!!!

Comment

I had a 280 A I built 25 years ago, to this day I have never touched the scope, 2 inches high at 100, dead on at 300, by far my favorite round.

Comment

I bought a Ruger a little over a year ago. At the same time I bought a lot of bullets for reloading. I bought two boxes of factory ammunition to shoot,and so I would have some brass. After my first range session, everthing was inside 1inch at 100 yds, I decided there was no reason to reload. Everthing I have ever read on the 280 has been positive.

Jeff

Comment

Great caliber, you can't go wrong. I've had a Remington BDL since they 1st came out
                        as the 7mm Express, no complaints whatsoever.

Comment

I have stainless one and love it

Comment

I have a Rem 280 and love the round, BUT my custom I'm fixing to buid is going to be 280 AI w/o a doubt

Comment

Looks like it will be the AI for sure. Tired of my .30-06 so I am gonna use the action for a new toy. Thanks for the feedback. Can't wait to get it built.

Comment

Working...
                              X