Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Long Should A Basic Shoulder Mount Take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Long Should A Basic Shoulder Mount Take?

I've had 2 done previously when I lived in Dallas. In both cases, $200.00 less than current price and very satisfactory in 4-5 months. Currently going on 11 months at $600 for another basic shoulder mount. Originally promised by "mid-summer" 2018. When I called a couple of months ago (post summer 2018), was told "before November" 2018. Here we are and no mount. Again, just wondering how long is reasonable to wait?

A year

Comment

Originally posted by fishndude View Post
      a year
      ditto!

Comment

One year is about average wait time. Not unusual to go 14-16 months. Anything over 18 months I would start getting concerned....

Comment

One year is average.

Comment

A year to 18 months depending on how good the work is.

Comment

When I dropped my bull off they told me 6-7 months. Same shop did a deer for me several years ago and it was about a year. We shall see.

Comment

The guy I use says 6-7 months, and has it ready in a year.

Comment

A year. Miscommunication leads to disappointment.

Comment

Dropped my whitetail off on December 30 last year, he was ready to be picked up on Tuesday. Same wait time we had for my dads aoudad. The guy we use does great work and has a primary full time job so we don’t mind waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

just like said above, 12-18 months is what I would expect and if told less don't be surprised when it doesn't happen.

Comment

It really depends on how good your taxi is and how many got in ahead of you. Around a year has been about my average. The earlier in bow season I kill it though, the less the wait is...

Comment

It all depends on how good the taxidermist is and how many other people want his/her services

Comment

8 months to a year.

Comment

I noticed if you are one of the first to drop it off in bow season it will take 6-8 months. If you get there a couple weeks after rifle season it will take a year plus.

Comment

Working...
                              X