Alligator Sausage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alligator Sausage?

Has anyone made alligator sausage with success? I have a good bit of gator in the freezer that I need to do something with. I normally use it for gumbo & the occasional fried gator, but neither are very keto friendly. I've heard of alligator sausage, but never tried it and there are limited recipes online.

I made a bunch a couple years ago. I found a recipe on line and made combined with pork and fat. We liked it.

Comment

One of the vendors at the fair had alligator sausage. Didn't try it but thought about it.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy View Post
        I made a bunch a couple years ago. I found a recipe on line and made combined with pork and fat. We liked it.
        Do you remember what kind of alligator to pork ratio?

Comment

run meat thru the chili plate and make a turtle soup
          many restaurants substitute alligator for turtle since it's more accessible and affordable

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
            many restaurants substitute alligator for turtle since it's more accessible and affordable

Have any good recipes on hand?

Comment

https://www.brennanshouston.com/arti...c-turtle-soup/

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

I like the cut of your jib .....

Comment

That'll work. I order the turtle soup every time we go to Brennans, so I know how good it will be.

Comment

I don't know what the exact ratio is (75/25) but the smoked gator sausage I've had is really good.

Comment

I did about the same ratio I used a lot of fresh herbs. I did not smoke it before I froze it.

Comment

Dang I'm starving and now there's turtle soup to look at?? That's one of my favorites!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                          Dang I'm starving and now there's turtle soup to look at?? That's one of my favorites!
                          That picture gets me every time I check in on my thread. I think I will give the soup a try later in the week.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy View Post
                            I did about the same ratio I used a lot of fresh herbs. I did not smoke it before I froze it.
                            I'm definitely thinking fresh, then smoke/grill when ready to eat.

Comment

Working...
                            X