Riley update..it’s what you sent on ahead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riley update..it’s what you sent on ahead

Everything is looking good .. but she is getting antsy and wanting to start riding and running. She is on limited activity movement for another couple weeks . Sitting still is killing. She’s gonna be back with a venagance and be ready to go. Let’s go Win State and Nationals.., Denny Flynn once said after getting hurt “ The only thing you have when you get there is what you sent on ahead” adversity either defines you or you define it...

Click image for larger version

Name:	AEC3B9E6-EC83-405A-8B9E-61CB13BEE4D1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	25171206

still sending prayers..

Comment

I guess I don’t get rodeo stuff. How do you go to state and nationals if you didn’t win regionals? Do you qualify just by showing up? Is it like a playoff of some kind? Bracketing? WTH??

Hope she heals soon and doesn’t have any setbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
        I guess I don’t get rodeo stuff. How do you go to state and nationals if you didn’t win regionals? Do you qualify just by showing up? Is it like a playoff of some kind? Bracketing? WTH??

Hope she heals soon and doesn’t have any setbacks.
        Jeff the top 10 in the Region Qualify for state, after competing in 12 Rodeos . The top 6 from the State finals, after competing in three rounds, advance to Nationals. Then you compete against the top 30 or so in the Nation for 3 rounds . The winner then is the declared the National Champion

When I qualified for Nationals they took top 6 at regions , and top four at state then you duked it out at Nationals . I won my region Championship ,which covered most of south Texas , split Res State Champion and split the Reserve National Championship . Lost Nationals by two jumps and two bobbles in the short round to win Nationals. It’s a grueling process to get the opportunity

Riley has won enough through 8 rodeos to get to state evening having to miss 4 rodeos. She was winning her region prior to the injury. The worst she can finish is 7th competing in the toughest region in the state
        Last edited by BrandonA; 02-19-2019, 11:52 PM.

Comment

A real good friend of mine rode barrels all through high school and still does a little now but she tore her leg up the same way as Riley. It was never the same she can’t walk right and can’t ride to the level she once did. She still hits the rodeo circuit every year but if it wasn’t for her daddies money she wouldn’t be able to pay for it. I really hope Riley doesn’t have the same obstacles and is able to get the fluidity back in her riding. Prayers up

Comment

You ever thought about being a motivational speaker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers up she heals up properly before proceeding. I am sure it is difficult to hold her back on a sport she obviously loves. It shows you are very proud of her and obviously so.

Comment

Win one for the Gipper! Champeeen adverseety breeds champeeeen belt buckles!

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                  Jeff the top 10 in the Region Qualify for state, after competing in 12 Rodeos . The top 6 from the State finals, after competing in three rounds, advance to Nationals. Then you compete against the top 30 or so in the Nation for 3 rounds . The winner then is the declared the National Champion

When I qualified for Nationals they took top 6 at regions , and top four at state then you duked it out at Nationals . I won my region Championship ,which covered most of south Texas , split Res State Champion and split the Reserve National Championship . Lost Nationals by two jumps and two bobbles in the short round to win Nationals. It’s a grueling process to get the opportunity

Riley has won enough through 8 rodeos to get to state evening having to miss 4 rodeos. She was winning her region prior to the injury. The worst she can finish is 7th competing in the toughest region in the state
                  Ok that clears up a lot of questions but a few remain...

Are there age groups? Are there skill levels? Girls compete only vs. other girls? How many kids rodeo these days?

Sorry for all the questions. It just seems like every rodeo or horse show I see is the WORLD Champeenship or the WORLD Finals and there are 13 people in the
                  stands. So it makes me wonder how the entire world qualified and went through all these hoops to get there and then nobody shows up to watch?
                  Maybe that’s just the horse show side of it cus your explanation makes more sense.

Comment

Brandon glad Riley is healing well I know it kills her not being able to go

Comment

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post

Skinny

Woah woah! Look at that!

I could have used one of those when I backstrapped Flattop...[emoji22][emoji22]. Instead I just got an aim low winder likker..[emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Woah woah! Look at that!

I could have used one of those when I backstrapped Flattop...[emoji22][emoji22]. Instead I just got an aim low winder likker..[emoji41]
                          lmao

Get'em Riley!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                            Ok that clears up a lot of questions but a few remain...

Are there age groups? Are there skill levels? Girls compete only vs. other girls? How many kids rodeo these days?

Sorry for all the questions. It just seems like every rodeo or horse show I see is the WORLD Champeenship or the WORLD Finals and there are 13 people in the
                            stands. So it makes me wonder how the entire world qualified and went through all these hoops to get there and then nobody shows up to watch?
                            Maybe that’s just the horse show side of it cus your explanation makes more sense.
                            There are different age groups. Riley primarily competes in the Texas Jr High Rodeo Association and Cowboys Professional Rodeo Association ( semi-pro). In the above pic at the JRNFR she was the youngest in the Sr age group qualifying at 12 yrs old and competing against 13-19 yr olds. She was one of approx 65 girls that qualified out of approx 3000 across North America and Australia. Horseshows I have no idea but they are boring to watch this the 13 in the stands

Comment

Very good to hear. Don't let her get back out there too early. Be smart. Having said that, ride like the wind!!

Comment

Working...
                              X