Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

axis...blue bull ... elk pull them with a sled??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My last Nigai hunt got me curious as to how to gt the critter to the road. I was hunting 500 yards off the road. Hard to get a cart back in there.

How about a sled. Quarter the deer and put it on the sled to be picked up along the trail.
    sometimes it is difficult to pull a cart over rough daw grass

I am thinking the big bulls or cows.

How many folks use a sled system to bring in there critters to central location ?

I am gonna look into this next year if drawn down south.

Deer sleigh'r magnum

Comment

I'd rather pack it out

Comment

I use a Nilgai recovery vehicle. It’s the green one in the back of the picture

Seriously I have no clue what I would do because the 4 bulls and 2 cows I have recovered only 2 fell in the brush. The cow and buddy and I drug the cow out and it was tough. The bull I drove the backhoe through the brush and used the bucket to scoop it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Black Ice; 02-14-2019, 10:21 PM.

Comment

If you’re gonna quarter it up anyways, a pack is much easier than a sled.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
            If you’re gonna quarter it up anyways, a pack is much easier than a sled.
            I can't carry the weight of a full pack. thus the thought of a sled.

Comment

We used a decoy bag with shoulder straps for a bull I killed a few nights ago. Worked like a charm with him quartered up.

Comment

Just pack it out in quarters.

Comment

kifaru

Comment

A winch with a long rope. Just winch it out. Or tie a rope to the truck and pull it out however many feet at a time you can.
                    Last edited by kyle1974; 02-15-2019, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                      My last Nigai hunt got me curious as to how to gt the critter to the road. I was hunting 500 yards off the road. Hard to get a cart back in there.

How about a sled. Quarter the deer and put it on the sled to be picked up along the trail.
                      sometimes it is difficult to pull a cart over rough daw grass

I am thinking the big bulls or cows.

How many folks use a sled system to bring in there critters to central location ?

I am gonna look into this next year if drawn down south.
                      Shappell Jet Sled. Have used this to pull lots of animals to the truck, up to about 225 lbs. I can text you pics of how I’ve redone the rope so that it is sturdier and easier for two people to pull. I have 2 of them.

Comment

EXO pack

Comment

Best option I’ve seen is hey have single wheel electric carts. Ain’t cheap. Easier just to hunt with people with a strong back. Kid and I took them down to muscle in the field and into game bags. Backpacks to parking lot. This is not an option for you.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                            A winch with a long rope. Just winch it out. Or tie a rope to the truck and pull it out however many feet at a time you can.
                            500' of rope is quite a bit...

truck is 1.5 miles away.

Comment

I will check out the sleds mentioned... thanx guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X