Question on ticket from the GW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on ticket from the GW

This last season I received a ticket from the GW for possession of whitetail deer with out proof of sex. I’m wondering if any of y’all have ever received this from a GW. Here is my story.
    I shot a decent spike this year and did what I always do. Took a few pics, tagged him, and loaded him up. Drove to where we clean deer on our place and gutted him. My buddy was there along with my daughter. We loaded him into the back of my truck and drove to the processor which is about 10 minutes up the road from our place. I backed up to the drop off and drug the deer onto the ground. Walked in to the office and they filled out my paperwork. The lady asked me if I had my tag which I said was on the deer. She asked if I would go grab it. So I went outside and cut the zip tie off of the deer and took it back into the office. A young man walks in and takes the tag and another tag to place on my deer and I told them I wanted to keep the head for a euro mount so don’t throw it away. I finished up paperwork and walked back out to leave. I noticed that my deers head had been cut off. I asked my daughter where the head was and she said they put it in the bed of your truck. I looked over and sure enough it was setting in the bed. I walked back into the office and told the lady that they already cut the head off and I had it. So she wrote on the paper that I had the head of the spike deer. I left and went home. We had to run into Dallas to see my grandfather who was in the hospital. While there I had a call and it was the GW. He was flat out rude the whole time we interacted. Told me if I didn’t bring back that head that he was going to mail me a ticket and charge me with restitution. I explained that I couldn’t be back to the processor for at least 3 hrs. He said I’ll wait. So we cut our visit short and went home and grabbed the head. I drove back up the the processor. I waited for him for around 30 minutes. My deer was laying on the ground from at least the time he contacted me. No ice or anything for over 3hrs. I tried to ask him why the head needed to be there since they wrote on the paperwork all the info. He was less than helpful explaining what I had done wrong. Apparently the processor told him that the deer came in with no head. So he wrote me for the no proof of sex. I’m waiting on my court date because I feel like I did nothing wrong. I reached out to a buddy who is a GW and he even stated that the ticket should have been on the processor.
    On and the ticket is $575. Which is BS. So any tips on this matter? I plan on taking my daughter with me to court.

Go tell your story. No way you Deserved that if that’s true. Daughter makes a good witness.

Comment

Hire a lawyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If all that’s true that GW needs to find a new profession ASAP.

Comment

I would have the dna of the head tested to the meat you dropped off. Also, you need a witness as to the head being removed at the processor.

Lastly, tell everyone the name of the processor so no one does business with them again for not backing you up and being shady Bc they didn’t want the ticket and passed it on to you. That’s utter BS!!! I’ve dropped off several deer with no proof of sex and no tag to my processor and they don’t ask questions Bc I have my license and forgot the tag..... I’d be beyond po’d.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Be glad you can appear before a judge that speaks English and does not need a translator
            These are issues we deal with in Webb county
            Take the daughter and appear
            And get used to game wardens being jerks as most people lie to them

Comment

The processor is Neil’s Taxidermy and Processing in Whitt TX. Warden was Parker county.

Comment

By chance the GW wasn’t last name Stephens was it??? Sounds like him to a T.

Check outdoor annual. Receipt from taxi is good for proof of sex.

Comment

That type of **** just ****** me off....So the head has to be attached to the carcass now?? How in the hell can you take your head to the taxi now?

We quarter, cut the head off and put both in the truck. I have caped, cut the head off and dropped the carcass off at the processor too.

Comment

I really don't understand your story. The deers head does not have to stay at the processor. Nor does the processor even need it. You do have to keep the head with the meat till you drop it off, but after they take your meat and tag (tag goes with meat not head) you are free to take your head home

Comment

Sounds like the GW might've had a hemoroid flare that day!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        That type of **** just ****** me off....So the head has to be attached to the carcass now?? How in the hell can you take your head to the taxi now?

We quarter, cut the head off and put both in the truck. I have caped, cut the head off and dropped the carcass off at the processor too.
                        The way he explained it to me was I had to go to my taxi and he would write me a document and then go to your processor and leave that paper with them. Then take the head back to the processor. Makes no sense to me but I don’t have a gun and badge.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                          I really don't understand your story. The deers head does not have to stay at the processor. Nor does the processor even need it. You do have to keep the head with the meat till you drop it off, but after they take your meat and tag (tag goes with meat not head) you are free to take your head home
                          That’s the way I have always done it. Apparently that is the wrong way to do it. See my response to smart.

Comment

Didn't you post some pics on FB of that spike? I would definitely go to court with any evidence you have and witnesses.

Comment

..and demand restitution
                              Last edited by WalkieTalkie; 02-03-2019, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X