Maybe we'll get Cabela's back....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruark View Post
    I'm a long way from Cabelas and havent been there for awhile. What changes have you seen that you don't Like?
    At the store in Allen this is what I saw.....Less choices in products, no bargain cave, less service. I have been in there twice since the merger. It is about an hour and a half from my place. I doubt I go back anytime soon. I am a cabelas black credit card carrier. I will only be going in to redeem my cabelas points from here on.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
      I've been to the one in Des Moines.Awesome store,and employees.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by camoclad View Post
      ^^^this is the truth. If the colony scheels is half as good as the one in des moines, they will be the go to hunting shop in dfw. Couldn't believe how knowledgeable they where and friendly and helpful. Guess I was conditioned to bp, cabelas, dicks, academy, .....
      Yep, used to live in West Des Moines, not too far from Scheels. That place is huge and has everything you could ever want. Knowledgeable staff and reasonable prices. I really can't wait for the one in The Colony to open. Probably the only place I'll shop from then on . It will do a lot of damage to the BP/C here in the North Dallas area.

Comment

both stores have gone down hill since the buy out.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
          At the store in Allen this is what I saw.....Less choices in products, no bargain cave, less service. I have been in there twice since the merger. It is about an hour and a half from my place. I doubt I go back anytime soon. I am a cabelas black credit card carrier. I will only be going in to redeem my cabelas points from here on.

-john
          I was too for many years. When they merged, I went to an Amazon Visa. Points accrue at about double the old Cabelas rate and you have choices of merchandise, cash back, or apply to your credit card bill. It was a no brainer for me. After all, if Amazon doesn't have it, you don't need it, and it will be there before you hang up the phone !

Comment

I'll still miss the Name Brand "Cabelas" written in Yellow on my gears....

F BassPro Shops, those who know me, know that I've always hated them and Boycotted them over 15 years ago... F BPS... I hope those shareholders responsible for the takeover rot in HE77

Comment

Only issue I ever had with BPS was their affiliation with the gun-hating, anti-hunting Bank of America... They have now changed their bank/card affiliation to Capital One so I shop at both BPS and Cabela's again... Having said that, I buy VERY LITTLE from either one. I shop there, and if what I'm looking for is an expensive item, I research it in the stores, then go on line and order it from the outlet that has the best price/delivery... Only if it is an insignificant item or just something I need to pick up for a quick need, do I buy from either one...

Comment

My opinions of the two stores is mainly based on their house brand items. Cabela's brand stuff was always quality. BPS house brand stuff is always a notch or two down, closer to Walmart type stuff than to upper end quality. BPS's main focus, of course, was always bass fishing. They're great for that, but my main interests are hunting, flyfishing, and everything else. I'm not a tournament bass fisherman. Cabela's main focus lined up with my main interests better, and they always had great quality stuff. Since the merger, they are gradually losing that distinction. It's becoming just another place to buy BPS products. That's a good thing for the folks who always loved BPS, but not so much for those of us who liked Cabela's better.

Comment

I'd have to agree with that too Shane... though the BPS in Katy has an "Orvis" shop inside the store that is the real deal for flyfishing... I've spent a ton of money over the years in that area of the store.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    I'd have to agree with that too Shane... though the BPS in Katy has an "Orvis" shop inside the store that is the real deal for flyfishing... I've spent a ton of money over the years in that area of the store.
                    They have definitely upped their flyfishing game in recent years.

Comment

I wish we had a Simmons like the one in Bastrop La.

Comment

Y'all don't forget, as I posted on here last year, we're getting a Scheels sporting goods on 121 near Nebraska Furniture soon.

At SCHEELS, you'll discover the best selection of activity products for biking, water activites, winter acitives, yard games, grilling and much more. SCHEELS

Comment

I think trying to open a new brand of brick & mortar stores these days is rather foolish. Everything can be found online & always found cheaper. These stores have become places where people go to personally see & feel a product then go home & buy online for less money & usually no tax. Brick & mortar stores are becoming a thing of the past. I'd be surprised if they got any big investors. It's not a wise investment.

Comment

why would anyone want cabelas back just put another bullet behind its ear and be done

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                              I'm surprised that BP didn't have all the Cabela folks sign a non-compete clause.

More power to them. BP has ruined one of my favorite stores.
                              They probably did. But Non-Compete Agreements must be limited in scope, geography, duration, among other things.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                                They probably did. But Non-Compete Agreements must be limited in scope, geography, duration, among other things.
                                Well that and signing one after the fact is next to impossible.

Comment

Working...
                                X