Wax Bullets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wax Bullets

Dang YouTube. Anyone shoot these or the foam earplugs? Seems like a fun way to spend an afternoon and practice some fundamentals. I found the 45 and 357 casings redi made for primers. Any other calibers commercially available? What sort of range can I get out of them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy a mold set and use hot glue to make the bullets.
    They can be loaded with no powder and only a primer will work.
    No recoil and great for introducing kids to handguns.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
      Yup, they called gooblits. I lube mine with a little bit of gun oil, load them in 45acp with rifle mag primers. Will completely penetrate a cardboard box at 10 feet. Lol

Comment

How big of a whelp will they raise on your buddy?

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
          I don’t know, but I was watching a fake old west gun fight one time and after the smoke cleared one of the guys was on the ground looking pretty hurt and he had been hit in the eye by some sort of flying debris/ wax bullet

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
            I don’t know, but I was watching a fake old west gun fight one time and after the smoke cleared one of the guys was on the ground looking pretty hurt and he had been hit in the eye by some sort of flying debris/ wax bullet
            I thought they used blanks for those western street shootouts?

Comment

They do. That’s what started the YouTube adventure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t know what happened except that someone got hurt during the show

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                  I don’t know what happened except that someone got hurt during the show
                  I only asked because I never gave it a thought when I have been around one. Dang sure would watch where I stood if I thought something might actually be exiting the barrels

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                    Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
                    Yup, they called gooblits. I lube mine with a little bit of gun oil, load them in 45acp with rifle mag primers. Will completely penetrate a cardboard box at 10 feet. Lol
                    Very interesting. Is there enough pressure to cycle the chamber or do you have to manually reload each round? Be great to practice tactical drills with

Comment

Pretty **** big. My college roommate and I made up a bunch of .38 and .41mag.
                      We would shoot beer cans in the house, and cats off the fence.

pray for rain

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                        Very interesting. Is there enough pressure to cycle the chamber or do you have to manually reload each round? Be great to practice tactical drills with
                        You’ll have to cycle the action. It’s fun as get out.

Comment

"Will completely penetrate a cardboard box at 10 feet." I don't want hit with one. Blanks have a wad in them to hold power in. could hurt.

Comment

My brother shoots about 1000 rounds a week of wax 45LC between him and his family. His Step daughter is women's Cowboy Fast Draw world champion. He has a record for fastest draw in his category. Those wax bullets will put a dent in a metal trashcan at 15yards.

Comment

I made and shot a ton of them when I was younger. I used primed .38 Special cases, no powder, and pushed the open end of the cartridge casing into a block of paraffin for the bullet. It was quite accurate up to about 15 ft. or so, and would put a good dent in a metal garbage can. Blank cartridges are nothing to play with. I remember when this incident occurred:

Good luck,

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X