2019 F150 3.5 ecoboost max tow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 F150 3.5 ecoboost max tow

So I am thinking about down grading from my F350 dually to an F150. My concern is towing. I pull a tractor at most 5 times a year, total package with trailer is somewhere in the 9K range. Anyone tow that with an F150? Specs for the F150 say 13,200 but I am worried I am making a bad decision to save a dollar. Need some suggestions on how to proceed and go.....

I'd stick with F350.

Comment

How far and what kind of terrain?

Comment

maybe 70 miles terrain ranges from flat to hills. . . . . .savings will be about 400 a month

Comment

I had an eco boost and I trailered a Jeep Wrangler through northern New Mexico and over half of Colorado with no problems..... but I had a lot of injector trouble so I didn’t keep it but a couple of years.

Comment

9,000 lbs and 5 times a year, you don’t need diesel or gas 2500/3500. Half ton will do that problem.

Comment

I pulled a 30hp 4x4 tractor w/FEL, brush hog & tiller a couple times with my '13 EcoBoost without max tow. Just make sure you have brakes on the trailer.

Comment

I had a 2013 3.5 with the Max Tow Pkg and loved it. It had the 3.73 gears. It would not have an issue with that weight at that distance. The 2nd gen in the new models have even more hp/torque. I have a 2015 duramax now and plan on going back to a max tow F150 within a year.

Comment

I’m my experience nobody that is used to the size and power of a one ton goes to a half ton and is happy with it. If anything, maybe get in an F250.

Comment

I'm kinda in the boat with Acameron52, it will do it just fine BUT, it won't pull it like the bigger truck. If you are good with the way it pulls and handles it, you should be fine. IMO, I have pulled a camper that weighs 8756lbs.with my wife's 09' F-150 3-4 times a year and have no issue with it. Yes, it does not handle the same but, it does the job. Again, just my OPINION!

Comment

Last weekend I pulled a John Deer 40 hp tractor with a rotary cutter on the back on a 16ft trailer with 2019 Eco Boost F150. Round trip was probably 50 miles on flat county roads.
                      No issues and will do it 4-6 times annual.

Comment

I don't pull that heavy but I have a 32' bumper pull travel trailer that weighs ~7400 pounds. I pull it with a 2011 F150 but with the 5.0L with no trouble. Planning a trip now that will take me to at least Nashville and possibly further and back next month. Towed it to Gulf Shore, St. Louis, Colorado Springs and all over TX.

Not the same as towing with a heavier truck, especially in high wind but will still work.

Comment

You’ll be fine in the 1/2 ton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Half ton. My dad does the same thing with a 2008 GMC, and that has 315 ft-lbs. The ecoboost will be just fine, just don't expect it to pull as nicely as a 1 ton.

Comment

I pull loads that size all the time in my 1/2 ton but I have a Chevy with the 6.2 liter. I have been wanting to add bags to the rear for leveling it out if I have a heavy tongue.

Comment

Working...
                              X