Arrow suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow suggestions

I’m looking for an arrow for my Creed XS. Something in the 375-425gr range. I’ve shot my GT Pierce arrows out it they shoot good just to heavy for the Creed. They are 28 3/8” 250 spine, 30gr behind the insert & 125gr head. They shoot
    258fps. I figure 375-425gr would get me in the 280-290fps range, which is kinda where I want to be with this bow.

GT 300s at 29 or maybe 30, i cant remember which, with 125 up front weigh 450, so 100 up front would get your 425.

A gt velocity 340 with a 100 weights 385, also @~30"

Those are what i worked with the other day, maybe something to start with

Comment

Gt velocity 300 with standard insert and nockturnal had me at 418 if I remember correctly

Comment

Carbon express Maxima 250s assuming your shooting less than 70lbs and no more then a 28” Draw ?

Comment

I really like victory carbon arrows and they have an "EV" model I think it extreme velocity or something and .001 straightness and they are pretty light for the stiff spine. Hard to find though, but victory has been my go to for a while.

Comment

How heavy is your arrow that you are getting 258fps. That is a good speed for an arrow for hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
              How heavy is your arrow that you are getting 258fps. That is a good speed for an arrow for hunting.
              It weighs in at 496gr. With @ 17% foc

Comment

You could always go lighter and pick up the speed but your setup sounds pretty good to me the way it is now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                  You could always go lighter and pick up the speed but your setup sounds pretty good to me the way it is now.

I agree. He’s got a good set up

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post

I’m just gonna leave it alone now. I’ve come to the conclusion that the arrows I’m shooting are shooting to good to change anything. And right I’ve 3 bows that shoot the same arrow with just changing between 100 & 125 hr heads. Ands it nice to just go get a dozen shafts & build them identical to the ones I have now.

Comment

Working...
                    X