seal a rusty rim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seal a rusty rim?

Got a trailer rim from the ranch, rehabbing a neglected home built trailer with goofy sized rims. I had Discount put new tires on for me, and one of the rims isn't sealing right. Took it back to them and they "buffed" the area, but still not sealing. Is there some kind of sealant I can use? RTV, silicone, or a specific tire bead seal? What should I do here?

Wheel bearing grease around the edge where they buffed.

Comment

I had a 4 wheeler tire, that would never seal right. Took it to a local tire shop and they put some kind of black tar looking stuff , around the rim. Its held great for years now. Have no idea what it was tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fangman View Post
        I had a 4 wheeler tire, that would never seal right. Took it to a local tire shop and they put some kind of black tar looking stuff , around the rim. Its held great for years now. Have no idea what it was tho.
        That black stuff is bead sealer. :-). It is utilized to seal beads—hence the name.

OP. This is what you need. Think most auto places should sell it. If not then online.

Comment

Bead sealer is correct, it can be bought at Napa and Oreillys. It should take care of your problem.

Comment

Flex seal

Comment

Take it back to discount tire. They have bead sealer. Just be sure to have them dunk the rim/tire in the dip tank afterwards to check their work.

Comment

Worse come to worse...new rims//put a tube in them

Comment

Rusty rim sounds like something you have to look up I the urban dictionary...

Comment

Originally posted by Reelthreat View Post
                    Rusty rim sounds like something you have to look up I the urban dictionary...
                    lmao!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X