Hunting with AR pistols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting with AR pistols

Anyone hunt with their pistol and if you did what caliber and barrel length?

i take my 9mm with an 9" barrel when we are cruising in my buddies sxs chasing pigs so thats kind of hunting

Comment

Not hunted with, but I’ve killed pigs with it riding in my cart. It’s a .223/5.56

Comment

Shot two WT doe"s last year with my 6.5 Grendel that I built, 10.5" barrel at 60yds

God Bless
        Bish

Comment

Palmetto 12” 6.5 Grendel. Killed a few bucks with it. Did the job with federal fusion

Comment

Killed tons of hogs using a 10.5” 7.62x39 topped with a thermal

Comment

Mines not pistol length but I killed two doe so far this year with my AR9mm. I used a Hornady 147grain XTP on the first one and a Federal 150grain HST in the second one.
              Broke front shoulder on first one with a 50 ish yard recovery and 37 yard on the second. Both had exits.

16” barrel.

First two pics are the doe with XTP

3rd pic is the Doe with the HST.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                Killed tons of hogs using a 10.5” 7.62x39 topped with a thermal
                Same here

Comment

For the money, for a truck/side by side gun to abuse, this is pretty hard t beat. I grouped nickel size shots at 100 consistently. The blemish was a tiny scratch on the charging handle and same for a buddy that ordered one.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                    For the money, for a truck/side by side gun to abuse, this is pretty hard t beat. I grouped nickel size shots at 100 consistently. The blemish was a tiny scratch on the charging handle and same for a buddy that ordered one.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/blem...a3-pistol.html
                    I pretty much have the same one with the shockwave brace.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
                      I pretty much have the same one with the shockwave brace.
                      It'll do the trick for sure. Has taken the place of my other larger nicer ride around guns.

Comment

Not a pistol, but my 12.5" 6.5 Grendel SBR has accounted for a lot of dead hogs and coyotes, along with a few deer.

Comment

I’ve killed a slew of deer, pigs and coyotes with my 8” 300 Blackout SBR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Not to hijack the thread but for you guys running 5.56 pistols what round are you hunting with. I have a 10" 5.56 that my 6 year old intends to shoot his first deer with this year. shots wont be over 50yds. Currently running Fr. Scott munitions 62 gr but looking for other recommendations. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by TBeau25 View Post
                              Not to hijack the thread but for you guys running 5.56 pistols what round are you hunting with. I have a 10" 5.56 that my 6 year old intends to shoot his first deer with this year. shots wont be over 50yds. Currently running Fr. Scott munitions 62 gr but looking for other recommendations. Thanks.
                              Fusion MSR seems to work fine in ours' but we've also used Gold Dots and plain Monarch soft points. The MSR stuff supposedly achieves velocity better in shorter barrels, not sure if that's accurate or just marketing as I've never bothered to check.

Comment

Working...
                              X