Price of a fence for 35 acres??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price of a fence for 35 acres??????

Wow, is it me or has getting a fence built increased that much? this is for 35 acres, anyone else had a fence built in hill country area lately? This quote is insane. If anyone knows of a reasonable fence company in hill country please share.
    Attached Files

15ft between t posts? Are you gonna have cattle or large animals?

I would bid out the fencing project separate form the gate imo. Get some more quotes.

Comment

I don't plan on it but not 100% sure yet.

Comment

How many linear feet? Normal 5 strand barbed wire is around $2.75 per foot for material and labor. Net wire may be more. Probably also depends on how rocky it is to drive posts.

Clearing brush and anything else is additional.

2 years ago, we had right at 3,000 feet of fence built. Had to clear with a bulldozer and i believe 6 or 7 turns (followed creek) with H braces and it was $11k. Steel posted every 5th.

Comment

little under 5000 linear ft.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
            How many linear feet? Normal 5 strand barbed wire is around $2.75 per foot for material and labor. Net wire may be more. Probably also depends on how rocky it is to drive posts.

Clearing brush and anything else is additional.

2 years ago, we had right at 3,000 feet of fence built. Had to clear with a bulldozer and i believe 6 or 7 turns (followed creek) with H braces and it was $11k. Steel posted every 5th.

We see about $3.25-3.50 linear foot on 5 strand in south texas.
            That doesn’t include h braces, gates, brush clearing etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent you a PM with a contact

Comment

we had 3 miles of fence along a county road with three gates corner post and H braces was 3.00 per ft.

Comment

Item #3 on the list, looks like they are charging $7.11 per foot for fence and $1.75 per foot for clearing. Extremely high!!

Comment

yeah thats high... where is the property and who gave the quote

Comment

Rick Smathers out of Llano. 830-613-6190

Comment

I don't think they really want the job.

Comment

Ive never seen a fence builder with that fancy of a quote. Actually never seen one with a computer.

I was lucky and the guy who leases some land I own to run cattle on is a fence builder. I already had the wire, and he did the work to replace the fence on two sides. I did have a guy quote me $3500 to for the labor only to build approx. 1000 yard of fence at our home place 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by griffdpz71 View Post
                            I don't plan on it but not 100% sure yet.
                            I think at 15 ft between tposts you will have sagging and stretching imo.

Comment

that's a little more than what a high fence usually costs

Comment

Working...
                              X