End of the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of the game

So my question is when do you know it's time to stop hunting? I only wanted answers that are of substance?

I would say when you can't walk to the stand and even then, I'd hope I'd have a kid or grandkids to wheel me put there! Good question

Comment

When the thrill is gone. Love the rapid heart beats when an animal comes in. When that goes, I go.

Comment

You never stop hunting. But you may just stop killing.

Comment

Physical limitations - can find solutions
          No longer enjoy it - truly time to quit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

I don't see it happening with me.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
              You never stop hunting. But you may just stop killing.
              This right here.

Comment

I don't give a hoot about hunting anymore, but I absolutely love taking my grandsons hunting. They are 5, 7, and 9. Gets mighty crowded in the blind but great times.

Comment

Til death do us part.

Comment

When you physically can't. If you can't get up, go out and get dinner, your end is near. The way it should be, the way it was for everyone.

Comment

When you become a danger to others. It’s imperative at that point.

Comment

When you don't miss it.

Comment

My dad will be 79 next week on the 12th. He quit bow hunting about 15 years ago because he said it was to painful, because of his old rodeo injuries, to pull back a bow. I was talkin to him the other night about hunting & shooting and told him he needs to take my new 300 blackout with the new ATN on it and go kill some swine at his lease

He said, Kevin...... I didn’t even get back on my lease this year. I just have zero interest anymore, ain’t mad at em anymore and I’m just tired son.

It simply broke my heart. I told my wife I’m gonna sneak over one night, slip him some ruffies and when he wakes up, he’ll be in Comfort with me at my lease. He may never hunt again but dammit... I’m gettin at least one more with him

Comment

When they lower me into the ground.

Comment

I took my grandad in a pickup and we would find a place to stop and glass until he passed! Some great times and conversation.

Comment

Working...
                              X