Pipe fence questions. Schulenberg area.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipe fence questions. Schulenberg area.

Hey folks. Needing some fencing done in the Schulenberg area. Be about a month and a half before I start.

It’s around the homesite. There is a cattle guard at the driveway so no gate there. I have about 500 feet to do.

I have had quotes of 12k for 3 rail pipe. I also asked for a single top rail and some stay tight quotes out at $9500 I thought that may be better to keep my bloodhound in the yard.

Are these in line? Should I be doing cedar and stay right and saving lots of money?
    Last edited by Rubberdown; 06-09-2021, 07:34 PM.

What are your qestions?

Comment

Not out of line on prices if your using new pipe.

Comment

That sounds like a fair price to me. I was thinking $25 per foot for the three rail. After doing some of my own I **** sure wouldn't do it for that.

Comment

I think that the pipe fence either option would give you more longevity vs a cedar fence. yeah you may save money now but the money you save on it will more than likely go to repairing/replacing the fence down the road IMO.

Comment

I am not rich. Am I out of my mind looking at pipe? I really like being able to walk out and lean up against the fence and put a foot up, which is why I like 3 rail but I feel like it wouldn’t contain my dog well.

There used to be a 3 rail cedar fence there and it’s trashed. Cows are in the yard. It’s no bueno. I feel as if pipe is going to last longer.

Comment

It won't contain a dog and maybe not a calf.

Comment

Yeah. My brain says top rail and stay put. But I don’t like the look of it is probably what it comes down to.

I figured on putting a hot wire low middle high on it regardless. And I’ll probably have to put one inside to keep the dog in there.

Comment

you could always use cattle panel that what i have for my bloodhounds

Comment

If I had the money, I'd go with pipe. Cedar doesn't last abut 10-15 years and on my place even less than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                      Hey folks. Needing some fencing done in the Schulenberg area. Be about a month and a half before I start.

It’s around the homesite. There is a cattle guard at the driveway so no gate there. I have about 500 feet to do.

I have had quotes of 12k for 3 rail pipe. I also asked for a single top rail and some stay tight quotes out at $9500 I thought that may be better to keep my bloodhound in the yard.

Are these in line? Should I be doing cedar and stay right and saving lots of money?
                      Are these quotes with them buying and delivering the pipe?
                      You know, if you buy the pipe and set the post, I could build that fence way cheaper!!!

Comment

That’s them doing everything. I have given thought to doing it myself but I am Leary of my ability to complete in a reasonable amount of time with work to my standard.

Comment

Sent you a PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Top rail with bull or cattle panel. $20-25/ft is average

Comment

Turn Key 3 rail with new pipe for $25 seems more than fair to me considering current material cost/ availability. Ive built several. If youre looking to keep the pup in, this wont make you happy. I have done a few 3 rail with horse panel behind it. Look ssharp if you paint your rails black and leave your panels galvanized. Nice contrast, and will keep the pup in.

Comment

Working...
                              X