2021 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingib View Post
    The select world is such a joke now! Parents will spend that money and everyone searching for a ring, that will be thrown away years from now. All an ego game for the parents. Some know what they are doing, most don't.

Ask me how I know dealing with 14 select teams at all levels.
    we get it.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
      Last bump from me... first I wanted to say that you guys with boys in 5-6-7th grade, look into the middle school matchup, they do one in the summer and one in the fall. The boys have a blast playing with their friends and the tournaments are well run. We have played in 3 of them and it's been a great time every time.

Brocks middle school won their division of the Middle School Matchup last night, and went through our cross town rivals, Heath-Cain MS, in the semi's to do it. They beat us last year and beat us yesterday in pool play (and kicked our butt in football this year) so it was good to get one on them for sure.

We were a combo team with Utley MS since neither of us had enough for a full team. Brocks Williams MS jersey didn't come in so he got the blue "free agent" jersey for the weekend but they gave him a free hoodie and batting jacket so he was cool with it.

We should be done with baseball for a few months now, looks like we will running with the 14u Texas Stix and the 11u National Baseball Academy in the spring.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
      Who is coaching your Stix team?

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
        Who is coaching your Stix team?
        either brandon gaviglia or dalton algiene, depending on which team we end up on in the spring. we played with algeine this fall and brock really liked him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          I have heard about these, and we have found the guy in charge of my son’s school team. We are gonna try it next chance we get.

We ended our year on Halloween at Rocker B, with a silver ring. I absolutely love that place, but those “open” tournaments can be rough. We witnessed the awful side of it at this last one. Kids known to be overage, shaved bats, TRASH fans…one team had it all, and they thumped our heads.[emoji23] Oh well, I’m enjoying the “time off”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          been there, just wait till you get closer to 12-13-14yo and some of them boys start hitting puberty, the size differences we see every weekend are comical sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
            Do you mind sharing which organization or group you work with or own?
            x2

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
              The select world is such a joke now! Parents will spend that money and everyone searching for a ring, that will be thrown away years from now. All an ego game for the parents. Some know what they are doing, most don't.

Ask me how I know dealing with 14 select teams at all levels.
              Seriously man, shut the **** up. You roll in every couple months just to **** on the accomplishments of kids doing what they love! Think about that....how miserable does an person have to be to even think of something that lame? And then tell us all how stupid the sport is....and yet you still work in it? If you do, you're dumber than I thought...and I think you're a complete moron.

It speaks volumes that you work with that many teams (or claim to), and you still think it's about money, rings, or parents. You don't know **** from wild honey about kids.
              Last edited by Dale Moser; 11-30-2021, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                Seriously man, shut the **** up. You roll in every couple months just to **** on the accomplishments of kids doing what they love! Think about that....how miserable does an person have to be to even think of something that lame? And then tell us all how stupid the sport is....and yet you still work in it? If you do, you're dumber than I thought...and I think you're a complete moron.

It speaks volumes that you work with that many teams (or claim to), and you still think it's about money, rings, or parents. You don't know **** from wild honey about kids.

Comment

My youngest is 14 and a freshman. His team won the Houston area 16u PG Fall League Championship a couple weeks back. Honestly the competition was not top of the line but it was a good warm up league going into HS baseball. My youngest was a bit of a late bloomer and he is just starting to figure out the game, but dang he has some awesome "Show Hair." My Dad would never let my hair touch my collar or my ears. I am jealous. One of the coolest things about this team is that he plays with his cousin who is the same age, but goes to a different school.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
                    My youngest is 14 and a freshman. His team won the Houston area 16u PG Fall League Championship a couple weeks back. Honestly the competition was not top of the line but it was a good warm up league going into HS baseball. My youngest was a bit of a late bloomer and he is just starting to figure out the game, but dang he has some awesome "Show Hair." My Dad would never let my hair touch my collar or my ears. I am jealous. One of the coolest things about this team is that he plays with his cousin who is the same age, but goes to a different school.
                    good stuff

Comment

Not select baseball, but just municipal league baseball...

My 5 year old and his Tee ball team clinched 1st place last night

Awesome to see how far our boys came along since spring baseball on fielding skills and learning the game (force outs, etc). Had a few three up, three down innings last night even on defense. Hitting improved tremendously as well for some of the younger boys that are just starting out.

All of them were asking when they were getting their rings. If the league doesn't hand out anything, I'll probably try and do something for them even if its "cheap Chinese junk"

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal View Post

Awesome to see how far our boys came along since spring baseball on fielding skills and learning the game (force outs, etc). Had a few three up, three down innings last night even on defense. Hitting improved tremendously as well for some of the younger boys that are just starting out.

All of them were asking when they were getting their rings. If the league doesn't hand out anything, I'll probably try and do something for them even if its "cheap Chinese junk"
                        good stuff. my oldest is almost 14 now, when he was 5u and 6u we played on a co-ed tee ball team and are still friends with a bunch of the parents.

we were up BIG on the #1 seed in the championship and before all us dads knew about time limits and "milking the clock" we were rushing our kids on the field with a few mins of game time left and ended up going 1 more inning that we could have easily milked our way out of and ended up losing by 1 run.

we still talk to and play with or against kids/parents from both teams, the dads that were coaching the other team still laugh and talk about how they couldnt believe we werent stalling to end the game and get the win.

when we pulled in the driveway that night, brock was sitting in the car seat with a pouty face and said, "i wanted one of those rings dad." haha

Comment

It’s a blast to watch how fast they improve, and learn, at five and six years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal View Post

Awesome!

Comment

I was looking for a 2022 Select Baseball page, but doesn't look like its been created yet. We have a 9U team in Houston and we are looking to plan an out of town tournament for the end of the season... most likely the beginning of June.

What have been the best places y'all have been? We are debating on something Hill Country/Austin area or headed to the normal Gulf Beach WS destinations.

Anything else we aren't considering?

Comment

Originally posted by msemmler View Post
                                I was looking for a 2022 Select Baseball page, but doesn't look like its been created yet. We have a 9U team in Houston and we are looking to plan an out of town tournament for the end of the season... most likely the beginning of June.

What have been the best places y'all have been? We are debating on something Hill Country/Austin area or headed to the normal Gulf Beach WS destinations.

Anything else we aren't considering?
                                we have been to gulf shores twice, it was great both times, hard to beat the beach with a bunch of wild boys.

we did the slumpbuster in omaha one year and it was probably my favorite one, we went to a handful of college world series games and had a blast in downtown omaha.

due to a scheduling mishap by our coach we ended up in dripping springs one year for our world series, it wasnt bad, we had a cabin in the woods but it wasnt one of my favorite ones.

last summer my 13u son did cocoa beach in florida and it was a lot of fun, but for 9u i would stick with gulf shores if i wanted to do a beach trip.

i always wanted to do the triple crown world series in colorado but the beach always won out with the other parents. i have heard the pigeon forge TN world series are really good too.

Comment

Working...
                                X