Unemployment, Covid Shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
    Good to hear, txhunter90. My hope is that you and everyone else has the option to do as they wish with their medical decisions.

If it was truly, truly about the health and safety of everyone as a whole, why would we fire people in the medical field for not getting it.
    This right here^

Comment

Tell her to quit whining, get the jab, and hurry up with them sammiches.
      JK....glad she got the exemption.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
      Last edited by bakin7005; 12-01-2021, 05:50 PM.

Comment

With all the Courts coming out and ruling for medical freedom I wouldn’t tell them anything and force them to terminate them. The law suits for “wrongful termination” will be going around like hot cakes soon. Companies will hold the line until it comes down to the last minute and back down I’m guessing. I can’t see any company with a legal team pushing on with it but who knows in this day

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
          With all the Courts coming out and ruling for medical in freedom I wouldn’t tell them anything and force them to terminate them. The law suits for “wrongful termination” will be going around like hot cakes soon. Companies will hold the line until it comes down to the last minute and back down I’m guessing. I can’t see any company with a legal team pushing on with it but who knows in this day
          I think that all of the court rulings to date have been against the federal mandate however, not a private business ability to set its own rules under an at will employment.

I don’t think anything has come down that stops an employer for mandating a vaccine and there is still more than one United States Supreme Court ruling that a state can mandate vaccines.

It seems that these federal court rulings have correctly overturned Biden‘s authority to mandate vaccines or because of him, OSHA.

Does that have any bearing at all on a state mandating a vaccine or a private business? As far as these last couple of federal court rulings, I don’t think so.

Comment

I was told it wouldn’t work for unemployment. It was explained it’s no different than refusing the flu shot or our hepatitis shots etc we’re required to have.you are able to work again once in compliance with company policy. We have a handful of folks that did get exemptions.

Comment

Any company leadership dumb enough to push a mandatory jab at this point in the game, with all that is going on in the courts, is the wrong type of leadership to be working under.. Pushing it at this point is strictly political theater. Nothing more and nothing less because the proof is clear, the jab does nothing to improve ones health.. It is strictly a control mechanism..
              This will keep law firms very busy for years to come..
              Last edited by PondPopper; 12-02-2021, 06:41 AM.

Comment

My daughter is a nurse. The director of nursing gave advice on submitting a religious exemption. Said to be very vague on your religion and definitely don’t divulge you are catholic. They asked why not catholic, she said the pope has recommended the vaccine.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                  Any company leadership dumb enough to push a mandatory jab at this point in the game, with all that is going on in the courts, is the wrong type of leadership to be working under.. Pushing it at this point is strictly political theater. Nothing more and nothing less because the proof is clear, the jab does nothing to improve ones health.. It is strictly a control mechanism..
                  This will keep law firms very busy for years to come..
                  Exactly - if I owned a company and was forced by the government to do that, I'd make getting a religious exemption the easiest thing on the planet to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                    Exactly - if I owned a company and was forced by the government to do that, I'd make getting a religious exemption the easiest thing on the planet to do.
                    I brought this up to my boss. His issue was, and he's right in being concerned about it, what is considered a religion? Who decides?

He's not qualified to decide. There is no list of "recognized" religions, so arguably he could be held accountable (likely by the IRS), for not following the law. What if Sally walks in and says shes a member of the church of Mordor? Now he is having to decide if her religion is real or not, which becomes a new set of lawsuits.

****ed if you do, ****ed if you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                      I brought this up to my boss. His issue was, and he's right in being concerned about it, what is considered a religion? Who decides?

He's not qualified to decide. There is no list of "recognized" religions, so arguably he could be held accountable (likely by the IRS), for not following the law. What if Sally walks in and says shes a member of the church of Mordor? Now he is having to decide if her religion is real or not, which becomes a new set of lawsuits.

Not the case at all..

The courts have already declared that a religion is up to the practitioner.

In prison they make accommodation for religious Jedi knights, smurfs…you name it. So the precedent is set.

Sounds like you work for a reasonable guy. Good luck

Comment

The first amendment in the Bill of Rights--

Congress shall NOT make no law respecting (regarding) an establishment of religion, or the free exercise thereof.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

The only thing a person has to say is, "I have deeply held sincere religious beliefs that prevent me from taking the vaccine." It is against the law for an employer to require a clergy statement or ever to ask what religion a person is.

Comment

Working...
                          X