Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad weekend!

pigs 1 - hunter 0!

pigs showed up at 8:00pm .. had my RPR 308 ready .. trijicon scope , AAC Cyclone ... 4 clicks up for 170 yards ... Bang! no impact! and sounded funny!

went looking for blood... nothing! .. get back to camp .. put flashlight on my can and sure enough ... baffle strike!

i guess it's not if but when ... not sure what caused it .. 168 grain gold dot never failed me before ..

so i went into the shop and gently hammered it back as close to flat as i could .

took a shot the next day to verify if it is messed up and i was able to connect.. so ... considering AAC is no longer in business .. it is what it is .

it was windy sunday and i put the target past the feeder , so it hit a hair right from wind and a hair low for distance .. but it's still close enough to dispatch the swine.. i just aimed center of target for a solid reference point.

can was on tight and everything was right .. twist rate on rpr should have stabilized that round ... not sure why it happened .. it just did..

good news is no harm done .. can still works ... i'll put it back on my 260 next weekend and take some 700 yards shots and see if it affects it at longer range .. I hope not!
    Attached Files

If you ever need any work done in that can ECCO Machine will handle it. They jailbrake and repair AAC cans as well as a handful of others. They are an 07/02.

Comment

That is kind of strange. Just one strike and then shoots good.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
        If you ever need any work done in that can ECCO Machine will handle it. They jailbrake and repair AAC cans as well as a handful of others. They are an 07/02.
        pm me their info please .. thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          What is jailbrake in reference to a can?

Comment

Has this happen with SDN 6 (issue with the DQ muzzle connection) of course they were still in business when this happened and they fixed it no questions asked.

Comment

Interesting, glad it didn’t ruin your can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                What is jailbrake in reference to a can?
                They’ll cut off the current mounting system, and install whichever system you’d like from the current manufacturers if your can has the OD to handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                  pm me their info please .. thank you.
                  Will do!

Comment

AAC closed?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                      AAC closed?

All part of the Remington parent company bankruptcy. I have several AAC 7.62 SDN-6 cans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Interesting, thanks.

I almost bought an AAC at one time. I guess I’m glad I didn’t.

Comment

Working...
                        X