any 22lr trainers out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any 22lr trainers out there?

Just getting in the game ... bought a rifle a couple of weeks ago .. it shoots good! anyone out there playing this game?
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHAzdneNpmo"]Bergara HMR Trainer 22lr DIY dope chart - YouTube[/ame]

Pretty cool set up. I just picked up a Tikka T1X in 22 Lr. Hoping to get a few shots down range in a few days. Really like that stock on yours. May have to pick up a different stock for mine-after the sticker shock wears off….

Comment

friend of mine has a tikka as well , and he wants to replace the stock too ... nice action though ... they seem to shoot good .

Comment

adding side shot scope cam footage at 100 to 170 yards... i really like this scope cam !

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbVkKyHi_Mw"]Side shot scope cam first test on Bergara b14 trainer 22lr! - YouTube[/ame]
        Last edited by imyomama; 11-01-2021, 09:12 AM.

Comment

That is impressive.
          I just picked up a Ruger Precision 22lr and it shoots good, but that Bergara is on another level. I have a Vortex scope going to be delivered today so i can dial my distances and will be building my dope chart. Suppressor is in jail right now too, so i can't wait for it to come in.

Comment

Keep thinking that I want one. I am just not sure , which one, B14R or T1X. What scope cam is that? It looks like a nice way to film a hunt/ practice session.

Comment

I've the B14R Carbon with a SWFA SS 10x mil mounted on a 20 MOA rail and couldn't be happier. It shoots 3/8" groups at 50 yds with Eley Contact and hits steel out to 350 with ease.

The great thing about this setup is for one it's quiet(I use a suppressor), cheap and if you really want to learn about dialing and holding for wind, this is the easiest way.

Once you learn the mil(or moa) dope it works for every caliber in the world.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by 300rem7 View Post
                Keep thinking that I want one. I am just not sure , which one, B14R or T1X. What scope cam is that? It looks like a nice way to film a hunt/ practice session.
                that's a side shot .. I just got a new phone so i made my old iphone 6 my dedicated cam ... seems to work good .. i recommend using the promovie software for iphone . it allows to lock in the focus ,exposure, flip the image and zoom in to your liking ... once done , you can export the footage ...

it really makes it for an easy setup... and the footage is decent. the scope adapters are expensive , but it allows the device to get installed on and off in seconds without having to re-adjujst it... i put one on this 34mm scope on my 22lr and i got another for my 260 RPR on 30mm rings.

as far as the rifles .. the t1x has a smoother action, but the b14 comes with a better stock IMO ... the bergara will need a trigger , but overall i'm really happy I went this direction over the tikka or cz . the chamber is such that it will shoot anything, so that's also a +.

i bought a few boxes of eley match and it printed a .162" group at 40 yards .. measured with ballistic-x ... but @ $14 a box , it's a game i can't afford , so for practical purposes , the eley club will have to do ... i figure anything sub moa is going to be good enough ... the match printed under 1" on the diamond @160
                , but the club was not far behind and half the price ...

i really like the vortex venom on this gun , it has a 10 mil turret so you can engage just about anything and not lose track of revolutions ...

we have a plate at 290, and it took 12.1 mils to get there but it hit every time.. hardest part at that distance is the wind , especially if it's variable ... it can move impact 2 feet.
                Attached Files

Comment

i love my tikka's but the bergara is like a working man's vudoo . i like that you can buy the exact same gun with the exact same feel in 6.5 creed ... may have to get one of those soon ... even though my 260 rpr has never let me down ...

on a side not i've been meaning to do a video on shooting steel at night using my olight.. just haven't figured out the logistics yet .. but it looks like i'll be able to hit my 500 and 700 yard targets using my gun mounted flashlight .. pretty impressive really considering it's only 300 lumens .. lep technology is pretty impressive.

Comment

got a timney Hit installed tonight .. meters at 8 ounces, took 10 min to install , piece of cake ... i'm done spending $ on this thing now!

Comment

what scope cam is that? I would love to get one.

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
                        what scope cam is that? I would love to get one.

side shot.. i got the phone model and i use my iphone 6 with pro-movie.. It's in the video description.

Comment

Working...
                        X